Project Management Essentials
Franklin Covey’s Project Management Essentials™ For the Unofficial Project Manager will help you consistently complete projects successfully by teaching you to implement a disciplined process to execute projects and to master informal authority.
- Understand that consistent project success depends on processes and people.
- Implement four foundational behaviors that inspire you to execute with excellence.
- Identify a project’s stakeholders.
- Establish clear and measurable project outcomes.
- Create a well-defined project scope statement.
- Identify, assess, and manage project risks.
- Create a realistic and well-defined project schedule.
- Hold team members accountable to project plans.
- Conduct consistent team-accountability sessions.
Monitor and Control
- Create a clear project communication plan that includes regular project status reports and project changes.
- Reward and recognize the contributions of project team members.
What You Receive:
- Participant guidebook
- Pocket Card Set
- USB Drive with printable tools
Date: Call 330-972-7577 for date
Class meets: 8:30 am EST to 4:30 pm EST
Instructor: Rosemary Fitzpatrick
Location: The University of Akron, Akron Campus
Certificate in Applied Project Management
Gain the frontline, real-world skills and techniques you need to enhance your career and your company's projects. Learn the life cycle processes and knowledge areas of project management. This comprehensive program matches your enterprise needs with data from the Project Management Institute's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), giving you specific options for reducing costs while improving delivered project value.
This program is designed for individuals who are new to project management, working project managers, managers, and project team members who wish to advance through exposure to formal project management methodologies.
- Receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management Excellence from The University of Akron.
- Develop and utilize a formal proven project methodology customized to your unique organizational culture.
- Discover and correct the key project failure factors present in a majority of project environments.
- Establish a controlled project management environment that eliminates waste & delivers enhanced value.
- Build an effective project communications framework that strengthens credibility for yourself, your team, and your enterprise.
- Apply proven project management processes as defined by the PMBOK®Guide
- Pre-stage your project management career to meet or exceed Project Management Institute (PMI) standards for both the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) & the Project Management Professional (PMP) Credentials.
- Solidify requirements while gaining & maintaining the stakeholder support you need for project delivery.
- Eliminate false starts, optimize resources, get your projects done right the first time.
- Gain a clear understanding of how to accurately estimate and control project costs and schedules.
- Learn to identify and mitigate common project-related risks.
Instructor: Alan Plastow
Dates: April 10, 11, 12, 17 & 18, 2023
Class meets: M, Tu, and W from 8:30am-4:30pm
Location: The University of Akron, Akron Campus
What our students say:
“Al Plastow is amazing. His combination of real world experience and PMI knowledge makes him a highly credible teacher. That in addition to his wry wit and superb speaking ability makes him by far one of the best teachers I have experienced. Thank you for hiring him to teach this course. I have already recommended it, and him, to others.” RB
“Sharing experiences with group of professional peers, trouble shooting, network building , marshmallow project. Al Plastow is a terrific instructor! The structure of the course encourages dynamic discussion and lots of interaction. Awesome course!” JK
“Al took the time to talk about our individual circumstances. Al was awesome! I will totally recommend this course and I look forward to taking the exam!” AW
Project Leadership & Team Motivation
Great leadership includes having a vision, motivating and developing people, influencing change, controlling risks, and practicing excellent communication. This one-day interactive program is packed with techniques to help you assess your current abilities, develop new skills, and immediately apply what you learn.
Who should attend this program? This program is for emerging leaders and existing leaders at all levels who want to sharpen their skills.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Develop Your Leadership Vision
- Engage, Motivate and Develop Your Team
- Influence Organizational Change
- Take Control of Risks
- Communicate with Stakeholders and Leaders
- Activate Your Plan to Put Your Leadership and Team Motivation Skills to Work
Online PMP Prep Course
Need to study for the PMP Exam? Our online course covers the five process groups and nine knowledge areas of PMBOK®Guide, the PMP® code of ethics and professional conduct, and a review of general management topics that are in the PMP® examination.
Learn how to prepare for the Project Management Institute's prestigious PMP® certification exam. Master A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 6th edition--the essential resource for the PMP® certification exam.
- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Healthcare Training
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Quality Improvement
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- Online Classes and Programs
All programs can be customized for your organization, and offered at your location.