School of Counseling
Part of the College of Health and Human Sciences, UA's graduate-only School of Counseling promotes inter-professional activities, and a holistic approach to behavioral health care through accomplished faculty, high licensure examination and employment rates and state-of-the-art technology offered through the only Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OMHAS) certified in-house behavioral health clinic.
School of Counseling
- Average 95-100% pass rate on licensure examinations across programs
- Programs boasting 80-100% job placement rates
- Faculty specializing in diverse treatment approaches using evidence-based practices
- A combination of in-person, online, and hybrid courses with small class sizes offered day and evening to accommodate working professionals
REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE
- Pre-professional training with diverse populations at the state-of-the-art in-house behavioral health clinic
- Real-world training with children, adolescents and adults in individual, couple, family and group modalities
- Strong collaborative relationships with over 50 schools, mental health clinics and hospitals for internship and job placements
- Cutting-edge supervision, computer lab and classroom technology
- Training using electronic records and clinical scheduling systems
- Sophisticated clinical electronic recording, monitoring and feedback systems
- Web-enhanced instruction, course scheduling and technical support
The UA School of Counseling houses Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling, and Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) accredited degree in Marriage & Family Therapy.
Prospective and current students
MASTER'S DEGREE PROGRAMS
Students currently enrolled in a master's or doctorate degree program, access all your graduate program details, documents and reports.
Testimonials from graduates from School of Counseling show broad success in the counseling profession.