Special Education

The 30-33 hour graduate program in special education is designed for those individuals who currently hold an undergraduate degree and Intervention Specialist licensure.  The program is divided into three options.  The first option is for individuals seeking only a Masters in Special Education.  The second option contains course work providing a focus on Pervasive Developmental disabilities/Autism. The third option provides specific course work designed to focus on providing behavioral support in the school setting. Completion of the master’s program does not lead to licensure in special education.

Admission Requirements

  • Hold a valid teaching license

Application Deadline

Applications to the master's degree program in Special Education are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.