Divorce Mediation Certificate

This graduate certificate program in divorce mediation requires a minimum of 15 graduate credits dependent upon previous educational background. The program has been designed to serve the practicing or prospective divorce mediator.

All applicants to the program should have previously earned or be currently working toward a law degree, master's degree, or doctoral degree in a behavioral science (e.g. psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling, child development, or family development) or other related discipline. Applicants planning to pursue the certificate must apply to the Center for Family Studies and the Graduate School for admission as non-degree students. Persons currently working toward a doctorate or Juris Doctor at the University may participate in the certificate program as a cognate or minor. In this case, students must receive permission from their academic department as well as admission from the Center for Family Studies. Since the educational preparation prior to entry to this program will be quite diverse, the selection of courses within the certificate will vary among the participants. However, all students are expected to complete the core courses in addition to 10 credit hours selected from among several disciplines related to divorce mediation.

Admission Requirements

  • Previously earned a law degree or a master's degree (at minimum in the behavioral sciences, such as psychology, social work, counseling, and marriage and family therapy, or child and family development)

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

Not all departments offer graduate assistantships. Students should inquire with the department directly to determine assistantship availability.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.