Gerontology Certificate

This certificate program is a special course of study in gerontology that compliments graduate degree programs in various departments and colleges throughout the University. There is a combined graduate certificate program with Kent State University. Combined, the two universities offer a diverse range of graduate courses with aging-related content and join faculty that are nationally and internationally recognized scholars in gerontology. The graduate certificate is to be received with either a master's or doctoral degree. Individuals who already hold a graduate degree may also pursue the certificate. The program represents a concentration involving current knowledge and research in gerontology. It adds another dimension to the knowledge and skills a student is able to offer in the many professions that are becoming specialized in research and service to adults and older adults. This course of study coordinates multidisciplinary training of personnel in adult development and aging and helps to meet the critical shortage of trained individuals in the field of gerontology.

Admission Requirements

  • Hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline
  • Institute for Life-Span Development and Gerontology application form (this is in addition to the graduate application and available at the Institute office)

Application Deadline

Applications to the Gerontology Certificate program are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

Not all departments offer graduate assistantships. Students should inquire with the department directly to determine assistantship availability.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.