Adult/Gerontological Health Nursing - Nurse Practitioner
The Adult/Gerontological NP curriculum is designed to prepare graduates to provide primary care to adolescents/adult/older adults in a variety of health care settings. The graduate nurse works with Certified Nurse Practitioner and Physician preceptors to assess, diagnose and manage the preventive, episodic, and chronic care needs of the population served in the specialty area.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited nursing program
- 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for all college coursework
- Three letters of recommendation
- 300 word essay describing professional goals
- Interview prior to beginning the program
- Current State of Ohio license to practice nursing
- Prerequisite courses: Undergraduate Statistics, Nursing Research, Basic Health Assessment, Computer Skills, Graduate-level Statistics
- One year recent experience in an adult or gerontological care setting
Applications to the MSN program in Adult Gerontological Health Nursing-Nurse Practitioner are accepted on a rolling basis.
Graduates whose clinical focus and target population is gerontological are eligible to sit for the certification examination as a gerontological NP. Successful completions of the national examination allows the individual to use the title of Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP).
Not all departments offer graduate assistantships. Students should inquire with the department directly to determine assistantship availability.
Financial Aid Information
Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.
Tuition and Fees
Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.
Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.