Mechanical Engineering Technology (Bachelor’s Degree)
The Mechanical Engineering Technology program at UA educates students about product testing, the design of products, and the machines required to manufacture them. Our students are recent high school graduates, transfers from other colleges and institutions, and individuals currently employed who are looking to advance their careers.
- builds on the knowledge and skills developed during your associate degree studies
- provides a comprehensive understanding of mathematical and scientific principles
- features technical courses taught using engineering drawing and modeling tools as well as algebra, trigonometry and geometry
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Experience mechanical engineering technology firsthand through our research facilities:
- Mechanical Design Laboratory
- Fluids and Thermal Laboratory
- Materials and Metallographic Laboratory
Gain practical professional experience through UA's optional internship and co-op programs. Participation gives you firsthand, on-the-job training in the mechanical engineering field of your choice.
Interact with other engineering and science technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Society of Mechanical Engineering Technology Students
- Tau Alpha Pi (honor society)
- Women in Engineering
- National Society of Black Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- SAE Formula Combustion
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.