PK-12 Multi-age Education
PK-12 Multi-age Education Fundamentals
PK-12 Multi-age teachers expand students’ educations by delving deeper into subjects taught in elementary, middle and secondary schools, and introducing them to more information about the world.
- Core curriculum combines theory and practice to prepare you for licensure
- The PK-12 Multi-Age Education program requires you to complete one of these teaching fields:
- visual arts
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
The College of Education offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- Literacy Center
- Center for Child Development
- Center for Urban Education
Real World Experience
- You will participate in at least 100 hours of field-based experiences in a variety of diverse settings prior to student teaching.
- The culminating experience for teacher education is student teaching, under the supervision of College of Education faculty and a classroom teacher.
Education Student Organizations
- Akron Council of Education Students
- Student Council for Exceptional Children
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.