Area Health Education Center (ARI-AHEC)
College of Health and Human Sciences Dean's Office
Working to recruit, train, and retain a diverse health care workforce prepared to meet the needs of medically underserved populations and communities.
Serving Summit and Portage Counties.
- AHEC Scholars Program
- Community-based Experiential Training
- Health Careers Pipeline Programs (grades 9-16)
- Continuing Education/Professional Education
Core topic areas for all education and training activities include:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current and emerging health issues (COVID-19, opioid epidemic, infant mortaility)
Community partners are critical to the work that we do. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with you!
Current and past programming partners and sponsors include:
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority
- ASIA Inc.
- Akron Public Schools,
- AxessPointe Community Health Centers
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- County of Summit ADM Board
- County of Summit Executive Office
- Family and Community Services
- International Institute of Akron
- Kent State University
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Summa Health
- Summit County Public Health
- Summit Educational Service Center
- United Way of Summit County