Akron-Region Interprofessional Area Health Education Center (ARI-AHEC)
College of Health Professions Dean's Office
Working to recruit, train, and retain a diverse health care workforce prepared to meet the needs of medically underserved populations and communities.
- AHEC Scholars Program
- Community-based Experiential Training
- Health Careers Pipeline Programs (grades 9-12)
- Continuing Education/Professional Education
Core topic areas for all education and training activities include:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current and emerging health issues (for example: opioid epidemic, infant mortaility)
Community partners are critical to the work that we do. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with you!