Check out our new RSS Feed of Biology-related employment opportunities here!
HIGHLIGHTED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Land Steward at The Wilderness Center
Position Type: Full Time, exempt. Benefits include health, vision, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), and a 401(k) match
Direct Supervisor: Associate Director of Conservation and Land Management
Summary of position: The primary responsibilities for this position include regular preserve monitoring and maintenance for ecological health and visitor experience, trail-building and upkeep, neighbor relations and outreach, developing and retaining maintenance checklists and records, supervising volunteers, assisting other conservation staff as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preserve maintenance (all preserves need monthly visits to ensure proper stewardship)
- Maintain trails, trail markers and signs and remove all hazards ensuring visitor safety
- Maintain gates, bridges, barriers
- Monitor/prevent public access and maintain boundary markers
- Maintain entrances and parking areas
- Trash removal
- Mark/identify TWC boundaries
- Identify and inventory wildlife species and habitats, native plants, and management needs
- Identify, remove and/or monitor invasive species
- Identify and implement restoration projects
- Recruit and train volunteer trail crews
- Mow, weed whack, clear and plant as needed
- Ensure all TWC equipment is well maintained and in proper working condition
- Communicate equipment and materials needed to perform duties or enhance visitor experience to direct supervisor
- Neighbor Relations and People Management
- Respond to neighbor concerns and questions in a professional and timely manner
- Engage public in a positive manner and serve as an ambassador for TWC
- Lead work crews, volunteers, or interns on TWC properties
- Coordinate and lead volunteer workdays/projects
- Ensure all TWC’s stewardship activities are completed using environmental sound methods
- Develop and implement projects to enhance visitor experiences
- Listen to and communicate effectively in writing and in person in order to build rapport and develop effective relationships with others, and to work well with a wide variety of people as needed
- Record Keeping
- Develop and maintain preserve maintenance checklists and stewardship plans
- Record and maintain data sets of field monitoring/surveys as needed
- Record and manage all field equipment/tools maintenance needs
- Collaboration with TWC Colleagues
- Assist with prescribed burns, data collection, forestry needs, easement monitoring, or maintenance projects as needed
- Develop GIS mapping skills to assist TWC Marketing and Development staff to highlight preserves as appropriate
- Assist other TWC teams with utilization of preserves as appropriate
Key qualifications and skills:
- Must have strong interest in conservation
- Ability to work independently, complete projects without direct oversight, and communicate proactively with supervisors
- Ability to work in all weather and in various types of terrain while carrying equipment
- Ability to problem solve
- Comfortable in dealing with neighbors or partner organizations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of Ohio native plants, habitats, and wildlife
- Knowledge of invasive species management
- Experience with hand tools, chain saws, brush mowers, weed whackers, ATVs, and other equipment as needed
- Experience navigating with compass and GPS/GIS as used for natural resource management
- Ability to work with the public in volunteer management and/or education context
- Experience with proper and safe herbicide application
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- General computer aptitude: Microsoft Office, social media platforms, data set recording/management, generating reports, record keeping and other as needed
- Experience with field monitoring and surveying methods
- Possess an understanding of ecological principles and processes
- Must possess a minimum of an Associates Degree in a relevant field
- Must possess a cell phone and adhere to a posted schedule to ensure personal safety
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must possess a valid Ohio drives license with a clean driving record
The Wilderness Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or status as a special disabled veteran in the administration of any of its employment related policies and practices.
Ferrero - Quality Analyst (North Canton, OH)
Company description: Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity Statement: Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the role: Execute the microbiological, and allergen testing programs. Coordinate the inspection, sampling, and testing of incoming ingredients and packaging materials, in accordance with Company group policies. Facilitate sensory testing of incoming ingredients and finished goods. Work in close coordination with Sanitation and Operation departments to verify by environmental testing analysis that all cleaning programs are effective. Conduct root-cause analysis investigations when analytical deviation occurs versus specifications. Report to the Lab & Incoming Ingredient Manager.
- Assess and approve incoming ingredients.
- Inspect and perform basic tests on incoming packaging.
- Sample incoming raw material, in process, and finished product.
- Submit samples and summarize data of internal and 3rd party testing.
- Support peers for laboratory operation according to Good Laboratory Practices including maintenance of the Microbiology Laboratory, equipment monitoring and calibration, and biohazard disposal.
- Perform Microbiology testing of raw ingredients, in-process, and finished products.
- Perform allergen testing to support the allergen management program.
- Implement the facilities environmental testing program according to EMP program.
- Provide correct and accurate quality reports.
Who we are looking for:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Microbiology with micro lab experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), knowledge of the microbiological tests in food. Able to perform specific analysis required for the product and process. Experience in microbiological plating and analysis. Ability and knowledge of interpretation of results. Be able to use instruments/equipment to perform such analysis.
- Test of allergens detection performing Lateral Flow Devices and be able to use instruments/equipment to perform such analysis.
- Knowledge of Environmental Monitor Program (EMPs), Environmental swabbing, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HAACP, Preventative controls for human food (FMSA, PCQI) would be a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero: Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Learn more about the Quality Analyst position and apply at https://www.ferrerocareers.com/us/en/jobs/quality-analyst
The Apollo Lab at the Cleveland Clinic
The Apollo Lab is hiring! Join our team at Cleveland Clinic, the nation's #2 hospital, just 4 miles from downtown Cleveland and the shores of Lake Erie. We currently have openings for technicians, graduate students, and postdocs.
We are looking for motivated individuals who share our enthusiasm for polymicrobial-host interactions, particularly bacterial metabolism, genomics, and/or barrier immunity. Individuals of all backgrounds are welcome to apply, but especially those who are willing to help build a collegial environment that fosters scientific curiosity, rigor, and growth.
Prospective technicians & postdocs should email Apollo their CV, a brief description (<1 page) of their research interests and career goals, and contact info for 3 references.
Interested graduate students should email Apollo to discuss potential rotation projects.
McGrail Laboratory at the Cleveland Clinic
Job postings for alumni and those that will be graduating soon:
Our laboratory is currently seeking a Research Technician/Technologist to help support our research in the advancement of precision medicine in oncology and other human diseases. For more information, please visit https://www.lerner.ccf.org/immunotherapy/mcgrail/
We are a member of the Center for Immunotherapy and Precision Immuno-oncology research program at the Lerner Research Institute https://www.lerner.ccf.org/immunotherapy/
Interested applicants should follow the following link: https://ccf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ClevelandClinicCareers/job/Cleveland-Clinic-Main-Campus/Research-Tech-Technologist---McGrail-Lab_197032
Student Employment Job Opening - Field Station Assistant
Student will assist with the operation and maintenance of the University of Akron Field Station. Responsibilities include cleaning, mowing, filling bird feeders, light landscaping, occasional invasive species control, and assisting station educational activities. Other duties as needed. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Must be work-study qualified.
Must have own transportation to the worksite (4240 Ira Road, Akron OH).
5-15 hr/week (flexible)
Immediate start date is desirable - consideration of applications will be ongoing.
Mad Science of Northeast Ohio
Mad Science of Northeast Ohio is seeking super stars to teach science to elementary school children in
the afternoons. In particular, we are looking for dynamic individuals that possess strong leadership skills.
Duties include facilitating a one-hour after-school science program with a pre-set curriculum with a
sparkling personality, picking up teaching supplies at Mad Science office, keeping attendance records up
to date, and managing the safety, entertainment, and excitement of all participants. Each session is a
very high-energy, part entertainment, part education, hands-on class.
We follow all Covid protocols necessary for a safe environment.
Each class enrolls a maximum of 22 children in a 6 or 8 week program which meets one-hour per week.
The Mad Science Instructor/Presenter position is very part-time about 10 hours per week. Being an
Instructor is perfect for college students or others who need an afternoon job with a flexible schedule.
All of our classes are located at various elementary schools in the Northeast Ohio area.
MAD SCIENTIST REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience with grade school kids in a formalized (paid or volunteer) setting is preferred but not required.
- Ability to pass a BCI & FBI background check.
- Up-beat, child-friendly personality.
- Looking for PART-TIME work.
- Be able to work a minimum of 2 afternoons per week (2:00 to 6:00).
- Able to attend mandatory training and orientation.
- Have a reliable car or access to a reliable car.
- COVID vaccination encouraged.
The presenter/instructor position is a very part-time job. Mad Science pays a flat-fee of $35 per
one-hour class. With set up and tear down it averages about $17.50 per hour. Instructors are assigned to
2-5 classes at varying locations. You must be willing to travel daily to your assigned location.
Performances are off-site so it is necessary that all members of the Mad Science team have a reliable car.
Mileage reimbursement is $.30/mile after the first 30 miles round trip. To be a Mad Science instructor
you must attend a paid training course. This mandatory training will give you the basics you need to
translate your skills into being a Mad Scientist. This will not be paid until the completion of the 6-8 week
If you think you have what it takes to become a brilliant addition to our crew, then please don't
hesitate to fill out an online application at https://northeastohio.madscience.org/workforus or call our office at 330-498-0033. Dare to be debonair and let yourself shine with Mad Science. We look forward to working
Lab Associate II
Cleveland, OH - Monday-Friday (Rotational Saturday/Sunday)
Department: Spec Chem - LCMSMS - Clin Lab
This non-licensed position is accountable for assisting with general support for the laboratory, following all applicable policies and procedures.
Lab Assistant II
Cleveland, OH - Tuesday- Saturday
Department: Clin Lab - Auto Chemistry
Performs various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
There will also be more entered soon.
We have 1st and 2nd shifts open (hours are not listed online but once the recruiter screens them we will get their desired shift info).
Anyone interested can apply directly or reach out to me or Shannon.L.Leonetti@questdiagnostics.com. Shannon is the lab manager for special chemistry. I’m in R&D so would not be as involved in the process but can definitely answer some questions about lab environment, etc…
Greg Buchan, Ph.D.
Sr. Scientist | R&D - Cardiology
6701 Carnegie Ave. | Suite 500 | Cleveland, OH 44103 USA | phone 216.426.6081 x1409Gregory.J.Buchan@QuestDiagnostics.com | QuestDiagnostics.com | ClevelandHeartLab.com
Consumer Safety Officer openings across the United States
Dear Recent Graduate,
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) is seeking enthusiastic recent STEM graduates to apply to our entry level Consumer Safety Officer openings across the United States. As a Consumer Safety Officer (CSO), you will be responsible for conducting inspections and investigations in an industry regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA ORA is the lead office for all agency field activities. ORA inspects regulated products and manufacturers, conducts sample analyses of regulated products, and reviews imported products offered for entry into the United States. ORA serves as the traditional eyes and ears of the agency through its network of investigators and laboratory analysts. At ORA, you can make a difference in protecting the health of the American people. To learn more about these positions visit www.fda.gov/orajobs.
The Pathways Program for Recent Graduates Program is a government program that provides employment opportunities for recent graduates and individuals who obtained degrees or certificates from qualified educational institutions or programs. The program enables individuals to explore Federal civil service employment at the beginning of their careers; and engages them at the onset of their work lives before their career paths are fully established. The program duration is one year. Upon successful completion of the program and at the agency's discretion, the appointee may be converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates who:
- Are U.S. citizens and meet OPM’s minimum educational qualifications for Pathways Program for Recent Graduates.
- Have at least 30 semester hours of science course credits on their transcripts or a combination of education and experience.
- Completed all requirements for an associate, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or qualifying certificate with at least a 2.8 overall GPA from an accredited educational institution within the 2 years preceding the closing date of this announcement or 6 years for veterans.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 14043 MANDATING COVID-19 VACCINATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.
Start your new FDA ORA career search by reviewing the CSO Outreach sheet attached and applying for these newly posted job announcements in Nationwide locations.
ORA Recruitment and Outreach
Case Western Reserve University’s School of Medicine (SOM)
Case Western Reserve University’s School of Medicine (SOM) seeks qualified candidates to conduct groundbreaking research! The SOM is awarded hundreds of millions of dollars annually in grant-funded research and requires Research Assistant 1’s and 2’s to work with our internationally recognized researchers.
These positions are perfect for the recent or soon-to-be grad interested in getting involved in the health profession. If you or someone you know is looking to take a gap year or two before entering a professional health program, conduct high-level research, or get a FREE master’s degree from CWRU, then these entry-level roles could be just the thing. With openings in but not limited to Genetics, Pathology, Biochemistry, Nutrition, and Ophthalmology, we will have just the field you are interested in!
Check out all Research Assistant roles by going to https://case.edu/hr/careers
Also, feel free to contact me with any questions!
Recruiting Manager (Research) & Client Relations
Case Western Reserve University email@example.com
EnviroScience, Inc., headquartered in Stow, Ohio, with additional offices in Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina, is a niche provider of environmental and engineering consulting services. We employ over 100 highly skilled and technical employees that develop unique, cost-effective solutions for our clients’ engineering, environmental, infrastructure, and regulatory needs.
We are currently seeking a part-time employee for our eco-toxicity laboratory. The position would require weekend work, approximately 15-20 hours/week. The duties of this position include the following:
- Using analytical balances and various instruments for collection of chemical and physical water quality data
- Routine quality control checks for laboratory equipment
- Cleaning aquariums
- Assisting laboratory technicians with miscellaneous test preparation tasks
For more information, contact Jennifer Vydra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Degrees: Biological Sciences, Biology, Chemistry….
Training: 4 Months. Promotional Opportunities.
Rochester, MN: Pop. 114K. Ranks in best places to live.
Join the #1 Hospital: Relocation $5K+
System: 16 Hospitals, 53 Multispecialty Clinics.
Lab: 46 Labs (adding 5 more). 3,800 Tests.
Retirement: Pension & 401K. Career Growth.
MLS/CLS/MLT: MN & WI. Technical Specialist: MN
Phlebotomist ($2K Sign-on): MN.
HT/HTL ASCP: MN & WI. Lead IM HT/HTL(ASCP): FL.
Fast Growing Healthcare System: $10K Sign-on.
System: 14 Hospitals. 72-Clinics. 12 LTC/Senior Care.
Roles: MLT/MLS, HT(ASCP): ND. MLT/MLS: MN.
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Seeking out talent that majored specifically in a life science subject (Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, etc)
The role is titled Clinical Laboratory Technologist and new hires would receive 4-6 months of top training (fully paid).
-Earn a high hourly rate, receive full health benefits, 401k + Pension.
-ASCP or other laboratory certification is not needed to qualify for this role.
-Variety of laboratory teams hiring (46 total) and over 3800 tests run with samples coming in from all over the world.
-Location: Rochester, MN. Only 1.5hrs SE of Twin Cities. Relocation sign on bonus provided.
As an extension of their internal recruitment team, my role is to help conduct the initial phone screen with interested candidates.
From there, I would also provide resume/cover letter assistance as well as interviewing tips & tricks throughout the process.
Recruit Talent, Inc. |Ph: 612-229-6629
Office: 601 Carlson Parkway, Suite 1050 Minnetonka, MN 55305
OTHER LABORATORY ROLES AVAILABLE:
Medical Lab Technician/Technologist: MN & WI (Multiple Locations)
Technical Specialist: MN (Lake City & Fairmont)
Histotechnican/Histotechnologist ASCP Rochester, MN. Eau Claire, WI
Lead IM HT/HTL(ASCP): Jacksonville, FL