Career Services for Employers
First Time Users; create a handshake account
- First-time users of Handshake will need to create a company profile. If you experience technical difficulties please contact Handshake support
Post a Job
- Visit Handshake to post positions for internships/co-ops, part-time, or full-time opportunities.
Post a Micro-Internship
- To post micro-internship (short-term projects/gigs) opportunities, visit Parker Dewey
- For more information, please see our Employer Toolkit
Post an Event
- Visit Handshake to post events that are open to all UA students and alumni.
- Once approved, events will be visible to students and/or alumni.
- Virtual events can be posted on Handshake for use with your preferred platform.
Employer Guide for Internships, Co-ops and Other Experiential Learning
See our employer guide to assist in the development and creation of an internship or co-op.
Career Services Events
Virtual Career Fairs
- Each semester, view and register for the UA Internship & Career Fair, Etiquette Event, and Part-time Job Fairs through Handshake
- View and register for the UA Internship & Career Fair, Etiquette Lunch, and Part-time Job Fairs on Handshake
- Other UA career events are listed on our events page
Create an Event
- Use Handshake to create a posting for your hiring event that is open to UA students and/or alumni
- Once approved, events will be visible to students and/or alumni that meet your qualifications
- Events can be at a location of your choosing, pre-scheduled at The University of Akron, or virtual
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Ways to Come to Campus
- Employment Toolkit : Review a spectrum of in-person and virtual recruiting options to engage with students and alumni to build your brand, fill your talent.
- Reserve recruitment tables in the Student Union, College of Business or the College of Engineering Swagelok Career Center
- Recruiting table reservations are limited to twice per semester