Recent Faculty Publications
Faculty of the College of Business Administration (CBA) actively research and publish in their fields. The following are recently published research articles by CBA faculty members.
- Plouffe, Christopher R., Willy Bolander, Joseph A. Cote, and Bryan Hochstein, (2016), “Does the Customer Matter Most? Exploring Strategic Frontline Employees’ Influence of Customers, the Internal Business Team, and External Business Partners,” Journal of Marketing, 80 (1), 106-123.
- John W. Goodell, Frank McGroarty, Andrew Urquhart, “Political uncertainty and the 2012 US presidential election: A cointegration study of prediction markets, polls and a stand-out expert,” International Review of Financial Analysis, 2015.
- William E. Baker, Amir Grinstein and Nukhet Harmancioglu, “Whose Innovation Performance Benefits More from External Networks: Entrepreneurial or Conservative Firms?," Journal of Product Innovation Management, 2015, (DOI:10.1111/jpim.12263).
- Santanu Mitra, Hakjoon Song, and Joon Sun Yang, “The Effect of Auditing Standard No. 5 on Audit Report Lags,” Accounting Horizons, 2015, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 507 – 527.
- Steffanie L. Wilk and Erin E. Makarius, “Choosing the Company You Keep: Racial Relational Demography Outside and Inside of Work,” Organization Science, 2015.
- Charles E. Stevens and Erin E. Makarius, “OVERCOMING INFORMATION ASYMMETRY IN FOREIGN ENTRY STRATEGY: THE IMPACT OF REPUTATION,” Global Strategy Journal, 2015, Vol. 5, pp. 256 – 272.
- Charles E. Stevens, Erin E. Makarius, Debmalya Mukherjee,
“It Takes Two to Tango: Signaling Behavioral Intent in Service Multinationals’ Foreign Entry Strategies”, Journal of International Management, 2015.
- Terry Daugherty, Ernest Hoffman, Kathleen Kennedy,
“Research in reverse: Ad testing using an inductive consumer neuroscience approach”, Journal of Business Research, 2015.
- Raj Aggarwal, John W. Goodell, Lauren J. Selleck, “Lending to women in microfinance: Role of social trust,” International Business Review, 2014, in press.
- William Baker and Gregory Dumont, "Equity Analyst Recommendations: A Case for Affirmative Disclosure?" Journal of Consumer Affairs, 2014, pp. 96-123.
- William E. Baker, James M. Sinkula, Amir Grinstein and Stav Rosenzweig, "The Effect of Radical Innovation In/Congruence on New Product Performance,"Industrial Marketing Management, 2014, Vol. 43, pp. 1314-1323.
- Itzhak Gnizy, William E. Baker and Amir Grinstein, “Proactive learning culture – A dynamic capability and key success factor for SMEs entering foreign markets,"International Marketing Review, 2014, Vol.31, No. 5, pp. 477-505.
- Bhanu Balasubramnian and Ken B. Cyree,"Has market discipline on banks improved after Dodd-Frank Act?"Journal of Banking & Finance, 2014, Vol.41, pp. 155-166.
- Bhanu Balasubramnian, Eric R. Brisker, Suzanne Gradisher, “Financial adviser background checks,” Financial Services Review, 2014, No. 23, pp. 305 – 324.
- Frederik Beuk, Alan J. Malter, Jelena Spanjol, John Cocco, "Financial Incentives and Salesperson Time Orientation in New Product Launch: A Longitudinal Study,"Journal of Product and Innovation Management, 2014, In press.
- Marcus V. Braga-Alves, "DOES EQUITY-BASED COMPENSATION MAKE CEOS MORE ACQUISITIVE?", The Journal of Financial Research, Fall 2014, Vol. XXXVII, No. 3, pp. 267 - 293.
- Eric R. Brisker, Don M. Autore, Gonul Colak, David R. Peterson, "Executive compensation structure and the motivations for seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Banking and Finance, March 2014, Vol. 40, pp. 330-345, In press.
- Thomas G. Calderon and Hakjoon Song, "PCAOB International Inspections: Descriptive Evidence from PCAOB Reports," The CPA Journal, 2014, Vol. 84, No. 1, pp. 30-39.
- Leff Bonney, Christopher R. Plouffe, Michael Brady,
“Investigations of sales representatives’ valuation of options”, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Sciences, 2014.
- Terry Daugherty and Ernest Hoffman, "eWOM and the Importance of Capturing Consumer Attention within Social Media, Journal of Marketing Communications, 2014, Vol. 20, Nos. 1-2, pp. 82-102.
- Ernest Hoffman and Terry Daughtery, "Attention to Structural Elements of eWOM in Social Media," in Advances in Consumer Research, 41, Simona Botti and Aparna Labro (eds.), Association for Consumer Research: Duluth, MN, In press.
- Suzanne M. Gradisher and Scott E. Mullaney, “Plaintiff’s Claim Against a Probate Estate – Potential Pitfalls, Probate Law Journal of Ohio, March/April 2014, In Press.
- Stephen F. Hallam, Principles of Management and Leadership, Second edition, Cognella Academic Publishing, San Diego, 2014, 422 pages.
- Yunjae Cheong, Federico de Gregorio and Kihan Kim, “Advertising Spending Efficiency Among Top U.S. Advertisers from 1985 to 2012: Overspending or Smart Managing?”, Journal of Advertising, 2014, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 344-358.
- Vittoria Giada Scalera, Debmalya Mukherjee , Alessandra Perri, and Ram Mudambi, “A longitudinal study of MNE innovation: the case of Goodyear,” Multinational Business Review, 2014, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 270 – 293.
- Liliana Perez-Nordtvedt, Debmalya Mukherjee , and Ben L. Kedia, “Cross-Border Learning, Technological Turbulence and Firm Performance,” Management International Review, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s11575-014-0224-5.
- Avimanyu Datta, Debmalya Mukherjee , and Len Jessup, “Understanding commercialization of technological innovation: taking stock and moving forward,
R& D Management, 2014.
- Linda M Orr and Dave J. Orr, Eliminating Waste in Business: Run Lean, Boost Profitability, Apress, New York, 2014, 370 pages.
- Christopher R. Plouffe, Leff Bonney, Jeremy Wolter, “”I think I can…I think I can”: The impact of perceived selling efficacy and deal disclosure on salesperson escalation of commitment,” Industrial Marketing Management, 2014, Vol. 43, pp. 826 – 839.
- Christopher R. Plouffe, Willy Bolander and Joseph A. Cote, “Which influence tactics lead to sales performance? It is a matter of style,” Journal of Personal Selling& Sales Management, 2014, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 141 – 159.
- Hakjoon Song and Zhongxia (Shelly) Ye, “The impact of PCAOB Reports Containing Audit Deficiencies on Non-U.S. Audit Firms: Initial Evidence,” Current Issues in Auditing, 2014, Vol. 8, No. 1, In press.
- Mahesh Srinivasan and Akhilesh Chandra, “Assessing the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the Logistics Industry: An Exploratory Study,” Transportation Journal, Winter 2014, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 44 – 78.
- Mahesh Srinivasan and Asoke Dey, “Linking ERP and e-Business to a Framework of an Integrated e-Supply Chain,” in Handbook of Strategic e-Business Management, Progress in IS; Editor: Francisco J. Martinez, Springer Books, 2014, pp. 281 – 305.
- Craig Armstrong, Ben Craig, William E. Jackson III, and James B. Thomson , “The Moderating Influence of Financial Market Development on the Relationship between Loan Guarantees for SMEs and Local Market Employment Rates,” Journal of Small Business Management, 2014, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 126 – 140.