News and updates
Summer Schedule 2021
June 1-3: Musical Theatre Camp with Lisa Henderson
Participants will learn a short scene leading into a song/dance from a popular Broadway show.
- Beginner/Intermediate 1-2 - 5:00-6:30
- Intermediate Advanced/Advanced - 6:30-8:00
June 8-10 and June 15-17: Contemporary Ballet Workshop with Christine Howe
In this workshop, participants will be embracing that ballet is for everyone and every body. They will utilize ballet principles and expand upon them to include risk-taking, experimentation, and freedom of artistry. The form will focus on the directional and energetic flow of movement rather than valuing outside aesthetic values. They will then apply these principles into a short filmed performance to showcase our discoveries!
- This workshop is open to Advanced and Intermediate levels - 1:00-4:00
June 15-17: Competitive Dance Styles
In Competitive Dance styles, participants will learn a dance routine for Jazz and Pom, two styles that are used in high school and college competitive dance teams.
- Competitive Dance Styles, Beginner/Intermediate 1-2 - 5:00-6:30
- Competitive Dance Styles, Intermediate Advanced/Advanced - 6:30-8:00
July 6-30: Summer Intensive
Watch the final event in "The Conversation" series, a talk with Dominic Moore-Dunson, Research Resident Artist at the National Choreography Center at the University of Akron.
- VIDEO: See how students in UA's dance program and the Dance Institute helped a 10-year-old ballerina recover after a cancer diagnosis — one step and twirl at a time.