UA and The I PROMISE School
I PROMISE & UA news
- UA is celebrating and extending its commitment to the LeBron James Family Foundation’s I PROMISE students by introducing the Zips Promise Scholarship. | Jan. 15, 2021
- I PROMISE teacher continues her graduate education journey at UA | Apr. 13, 2020
- UA students attend classes and teach elementary students at new I PROMISE School | Sep. 13, 2018
Learning Communities at the I PROMISE School
The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education and the I PROMISE School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can join a learning community by block scheduling courses and spending extended time at the I PROMISE School. This “lived-in” teacher education clinical model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched learning experience.
- Work with experienced IPS teachers and their students throughout the day.
- Participate in seminars that are integrated into the schedule.
- Enjoy informal brown-bag lunch discussions.
- Become part of a professional learning community.
Learning Communities are limited to 15 students and registration is controlled. You must complete the online course request form.
For additional information or to arrange a tour of the I PROMISE School, contact Dr. Susan Kushner Benson.
Make a meaningful difference in our community and earn college credit!
Earn college credit while mentoring 4th through 8th grade students in Akron Public Schools.
In partnership with Akron Public Schools and the LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education, you can earn college credit while mentoring middle school students in the Akron Public Schools.
Through this unique partnership, LeBron's I PROMISE kids receive hands-on mentorship and encouragement from LJFFCOE future educators.
Contact Dr. Susan N. Kushner Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org