Current College of Education Students
Office of Student Services
Zook Hall, Room 002
Akron, OH 44325
Add a course
Drop a course
Are you on track for graduation?
- Academic Advising
- Undergraduate programs in Education
- Graduate programs in Education
- College of Education Scholarships
Current students resources
- Student Teaching & Field Experience
- Employment Opportunities
- NE Ohio ACHIEVE (TESOL)
- Professional Development Workshops
- Student Organizations and Service-Focused Programs
- RESA (Resident Educator Summative Assessment)
Get involved with student organizations and service-focused programs
There are many benefits to being involved in a student organization or service-focused program. You can: develop your communication skills; enhance your leadership ability; develop a network of colleagues; and obtain experience for your resume/portfolio.
The LJFF College of Education offers a number of student organizations and service-focused programs that would be of particular interest to educators. Check out the options and find out how you can get involved!
Career Services Coordinator
Liaison to the College of Education
View contact info and bio
New job listings are frequently added to our webpage, many of which come from the Ohio Department of Education.
Opens on Sunday, March 1
- All students admitted to the College of Education are eligible for apply for a scholarship.
- Graduate students must be admitted into a degree program to be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- A student eligible for fee remission or on a full tuition scholarship is not eligible to participate.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have trouble accessing the application after March 1, please contact us at (330) 972-2114 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Be sure to click the Submit button at the end of the application, otherwise your application will not be sent.
Planning to Student Teach in Spring 2021?
Plan to attend one of these required informational sessions:
- Wednesday, April 29, 9:30 – 10:30 am, Zook 111
- Thursday, April 30, 5:00 – 6:00 pm, Zook 201
- Friday, May 1, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Zook 111
Higher Education Master's Comp Exams
Master's Comprehensive Exams for the Higher Education Administration program will be administered on Saturday, March 14, from 9:00 a.m. to noon in Zook Hall 113.
'Teaching About Race and Black Histories in Schools' is title of talk
The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education will welcome Dr. LaGarrett King to campus for a keynote presentation titled "Teaching About Race and Black Histories in Schools" on Wednesday, March 4, from 5:15 to 6:30 p.m. in Zook Hall 108. A Q&A session will follow his presentation. As a part of the University's Rethinking Race: Black White and Beyond series programming, this special event is free and open to the public. No advance registration is needed, as seating is on a first-come, first served basis.
The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education and the I Promise School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can choose to join a cohort group, block schedule 2-3 courses, and spend extended time at the I Promise School. This “lived-in” teacher education model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched field experience. | Learn more about the Cohort
The Cohort is limited to 15 students and registration is controlled. Take the first step in joining the Cohort by completing the online course request form.