We are proud of the diverse undergraduate majors offered in the School of Education. We offer both teacher licensure and endorsement programs.
Teacher Licensure Programs
Our teacher licensure programs are fully accredited and lead to becoming a fully licensed educator in the State of Ohio. Click the program name for the curriculum guide.
Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Inclusive Teacher Preparation Program - Earn 2 licenses in 130 hours!
Middle Level Education
- Middle Level Education - Choose two concentration areas:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- See degree requirements and recommended courses
- You may add an intervention specialist licensure
Age 3 - Grade 3
Grades K - 12
- Contact us for information on ECIS, Mild/Moderate, and Moderate/Intensive postbaccalaureate programs.
Secondary Education (Adolescent to Young Adult or AYA; Grades 7-12)
Single Fields with Licensure
- Integrated Mathematics
- Integrated Language Arts
- Integrated Social Studies
- Integrated Science (options listed below)
Dual Science Fields with Licensure
- Earth Science-Chemistry
- Earth Science-Physics
- Biology-Earth Science
PK-12 Multi-Age Licensure
- Art Education (in the Myers School of Art)
- Dance/Theatre (in the Buchtel College of Arts & Sciences)
- Music Education (in the School of Music)
An endorsement is an area that can be added to one's primary teaching field(s) after initial teacher licensure. Endorsements are officially recognized areas by the Ohio Department of Education. We offer one undergraduate endorsement.
- Middle Level Generalist Endorsement
Contact Curricular & Instructional Studies for more information.