Are you a current student who is looking for a part-time position or volunteer experience in an education-related field? Are you an alumnus who is searching for a full-time position in teaching, administration, or related field?
We want to help you in your quest! Check out the following resources and postings.
Superintendent of Schools, North Canton City SD
The North Canton City Board of Education is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Superintendent. The Board seeks a strong educational leader who has effective communication and people skills expertise in school business operations, and a leader who demonstrates support for all district programs in academics, arts and athletics.
Qualifications include, but not limited to:
- Must hold Ohio Superintendent certificate/license
- Possess strong public school administrative background
- Visionary leadership
- Knowledge of Ohio school law and experience working with labor relations
- Skills as a problem solver
- Team player
Deadline to apply: February 19, 2016
School-age Staff, Shaw Jewish Community Center of Akron
Shaw JCC is looking for essential enthusiastic members for our school-age team for the rest of the 2015 – 2016 school year. The staff must have a high school diploma or higher education with an aspiration in working with children. Hours are 2:00 to 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Previous experience working with children in a small group setting
- Must possess the strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of the school-agers
- Knowledge of principles of child and youth development
- Exercise mature judgment and sound decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Mature, of good character
- Reliable and dependable
- Display professionalism at all times
Shaw JCC of Akron
750 White Pond Drive, Akron, OH 44320
Student Services Team Member, School Climate Program, Akron Public Schools
Position available in Akron elementary building working with the School Climate Program to provide positive program participation opportunities, assist students in making choices and work with teaching and administrative staff in daily school tasks.
Great paid experience for College of Education students, 20-24 hours a week M-F. Hours and days of work are flexible.
Andrew Ziccardi, School Climate Coordinator, 330 761-2739, firstname.lastname@example.org
The UA Career Center offers dozens of helpful resources, including:
- Current students and Alumni can search the Career Link jobs database, which lists hundreds of off-campus jobs and internships. Post your resume, showcase your skills, and find your next job!
- Focus2 is a free, online tool that pairs your interests with possible careers