The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Akron
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2014!
Chemical engineers study and perform research to convert raw materials into useful products, determine how chemical processing affects people and the environment, and solve chemical, materials and biotechnology problems.
The graduate program is designed to be flexible enough to meet the needs of students with varied backgrounds and prepare them for a career in industry, government or academia.
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Whitby Hall 211
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-3906
- New funding advances cancer-fighting drug development
- UA Corrosion engineering sophomore recognized among doctoral students
- Carefully crafted textbook helps make sense of thermodynamics
- Akron 'Rust Busters' take on Alaska
- Bridge, you gotta carry that weight
Student Stephen Callow discusses the friendships he's built with other corrosion engineering students.