The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at The University of Akron
Chemical engineers study and perform research to convert raw materials into useful products, determine how chemical processing affects people and the environment, and solve chemical, materials and biotechnology problems.
The graduate program is designed to be flexible enough to meet the needs of students with varied backgrounds and prepare them for a career in industry, government or academia.
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Whitby Hall 211
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-3906
- NSF grant funds design of potential new drug to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- Dr. Judit Puskas leads Advanced Materials in Healthcare Conference
- Entrepreneur coaches give inventions market-ready push
- UA startup wins $10,000 in pitch competition
- Nation’s first corrosion engineering baccalaureate graduates
Student Stephen Callow discusses the friendships he's built with other corrosion engineering students.