Gregory Harstine, P.E.
Title: Professor of Practice
Program: Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
Dept/Program: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office: Schrank Hall South 221E
Professor of Practice Harstine joined the faculty the College of Applied Science and Technology and the Department of Engineering and Science Technology at The University of Akron in the Fall of 2015. He was previously a faculty member at Stark State College of Technology from 1998 to 2015. Professor Harstine enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, raising beef cattle on a small farm, and is an avid sports fan.
Professor Harstine has many years of experience in the field of Electrical Engineering with a particular interest in the Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution. Prior to embarking on a teaching career, he had several years of experience in electrical distribution equipment maintenance and electrical system design and construction. He continues to function as a practicing Professional Engineer, consulting in the fields of electrical distribution design, electrical safety, and plant maintenance support.
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
- ASEE (American Society of Engineering Educators)
- NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency)
The NFPA publishes the NEC (NFPA Pub. 70) and the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA Pub. 70E).
- A.A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology, Stark Technical College
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, The University of Akron
- M.B.A. - Executive Management, Ashland University
- Currently pursuing graduate-level courses in Electrical Engineering at The University of Akron
Applications of Electronic Devices, Machinery & Controls, Introduction to Industrial Machinery Controls, National Electric Code & System Design, Industrial Electrical Systems