School of Law Library
The Law Library is home to Law Databases ranging from Bloomberg Law to Westlaw to online study aids, copies of all the casebooks used in class, audio and video study aids, research help for law students and faculty, and more! Click through the links below or visit the Law Library in person for more information about our Law student and faculty services.
To check out materials, you will need a valid ZipCard or photo ID.
Books circulate for four weeks.
Audio materials circulate for 72 hours except during the Reading Period and the Finals Period. During these two weeks they circulate for 24 hours.
Reporters, periodicals, multi-volume sets, loose- leaf materials do not circulate.
The library staff will be happy to help you locate the items you need. Also, many items can be ordered via OhioLINK.
Additionally, much legal information and law study materials are available electronically:
A printer/copier/scanner is available in the Law Library, next to the circulation desk. The cost for network prints is 5 cents per side for black and white prints and 10 cents per side for color prints. Printing is paid for using funds on your Zip Card. The printer has a print release station next to it where you swipe your Zip Card to pay for and release your prints. For more information about Zip Cards visit the Zip Card webpage.
There is a printer/copier/scanner located next to the Circulation Desk. University of Akron students and personnel may add funds to their Zip Card. These funds may be used to make photocopies. Photocopies cost 7 cents each black and white copy and 20 cents for color. Scanning to your own thumb drive is free.
In a hurry?
- Search the UA Libraries to see if it's available on campus.
- Also try searching the OhioLINK E-Book Center.
- Finally, try Google Book Search to see if it's available on the Web.
If you can wait 3-7 days...
- If what you need is available on campus, then you can request to have the book placed on hold for you to pick up at the Law Library. Simply click on the "Request" button at the top of book's record.
- Unable to find your book in the UA Libraries Catalog? Or is the book checked out or missing? Then you can search the OhioLINK catalog. If a member library has the book you need, you can request to have it sent to the Law Library for you to pick up. You can either search the OhioLINK catalog directly, or simply click on the "OhioLINK" button while viewing your search results, or a book's record, within the UA Libraries Catalog.
If you can wait 1-2 weeks...
Place an Interlibrary Loan request. If the book you need is unavailable through any of the above resources, then you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- The Law Library will try to locate the book in libraries across the country and, if necessary, worldwide.
- Books typically take 1-2 weeks to arrive, but there is no guarantee that we can borrow the book you need. Note that the Law Library will not request case books, study aids, or nutshells.
- When filling out the online request form, please provide as much citation information as possible. Please provide any extra notes or details in the "Comments" section of the form.
For research help:
- Call (330) 972-7330 or stop by the Circulation desk
For questions about Interlibrary loans and OhioLINK:
- Contact Tiffanie Nevins via e-mail or call (330) 972-7330