Earn your bachelor's degree in social work

You have two degree options from which to choose:

  • The Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in social work (B.A.) requires completion of two years of a foreign language (American Sign Language is accepted).
  • The Bachelor of Arts in Social Work degree (B.A.S.W.) does not require a foreign language.

Congratulations on becoming a preadmission social work major! All students applying for full admission in social work must formally apply for admission to the School of Social Work and successfully complete the admission process. 

To complete this part of your application, you will need the following items:

  1. UA student ID#
  2. UA email address
  3. Names of three persons providing your professional recommendations
  4. Your autobiographical statement (We recommend you write your autobiographical statement ahead of time and then paste it in this application where requested.)
button You will not be able to save your application and return to it at a later date. Be sure you are ready to complete the application and have all required items before clicking the link to begin your application. Once you have all of these items, please click below to continue on with your application. After successful submission of your formal application, you will receive the link to the required recommendation form to forward to your recommenders.






Lakewood campus