Baomei Zhao, Ph.D., CFLE
Dr. Baomei Zhao has been a professor and a researcher for more than 20 years in both China and the U.S. In 2005, she joined the faculty at the University of Akron. Her research interests are quality of life, family finance and consumption, and health disparity.
As a faculty member, Dr. Zhao tries to incorporate teaching, research, and service to help student establish a close relationship with the community development. She has brought her students from School of Family and Consumer Sciences and School of Social Work to work with service learning programs, providing great support to make a difference to individuals and community.
Dr. Zhao has also been active in organizing the Viewing Globally and Acting Locally events annually. Click on the links below to view the videos from the 2016 Minority Health Kick-Off Expo, held at the University of Akron Quaker Station in Akron, OH.
Currently, she is a member of the National Council of Family Relations, the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, the National Social Sciences Association, and the American Council on Consumer Interests. Since 2009, she has been a Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE).
- Quality of life
- Family consumptions
- Family finance
- Health disparity
Schulze, P., Zhao, B., & Chiang, J. (2018). The importance of cultural context in research on developmental milestones. Poster presentation at the International Congress of Infant Studies Biennial Congress, Philadelphia, PA.
Zhao, B. (May, 2018). Family, society and policy. Zhejiang Finance & Economics University, P.R. China.
Zhao, B., Ling, Y., Yang, J., Clayton, A. & Clayton, M. (Feb. 2018). Time, money and health. Face-2-Face Event, Rethinking Race, University of Akron.
Zhao, B. (Oct. 2017). Family, society and policy. Henan University, China Women University, and Zhejiang Finance & Economics University, P.R. China.
Zhao, B. (Sep. 2017). Seeing China’s changes from people’s basic consumptions, presented at China Week, University of Akron.
Zhao, B. (Jan. 2017). Viewing globally and acting locally to promote community health. Face-2-Face Event, Rethinking Race, University of Akron.
Zhao, B., He, Y., & Kreidler, M., (2018). Historical review on consumerism in P. R. China. National Social Sciences Journal, 50(2), 65. Retrieved from http://nssa.us/journals/2018-50-2/2018_50_2_contents.htm
Zhao, B., Jones, H., Kreidler, M., Thornton, M., & Jakubowski, A. (2017). Promoting community health & preventing future obesity-Case study of three focus practice. International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge, 2(11), 102-110.
Zhao, B., & White, N. (2015). Service learning for success--Three cases at the University of Akron. International Journal for Innovation-Education and Research, 3(5), 1-5.
- Zhao, B., Wang, S., Glotzer, R., & Robb, J. (2013). Chinese and US teenage tobacco consumption and quality of life. International Journal of Home Economics, 6(2), 320-333.
- Zhao, B. (2012). Quality of life research and practice. AkademikerVerlang (ISBN: 978-3-639-45476-5).
- Schulze, P., Zhao, B., & Young, C. (2009). Beliefs about infant feeding in
Chinaand the United States: implications for breastfeeding promotion. Ecology of Food and Nutrition, 48, 345-368.
- Zhao, B., & Wilburn, V. (2008). Gender analysis on perception of quality of life regarding urgent needs and limited resources. National Social Sciences Journal, 33(1), accessible at http://www.nssa.us/journals/2009-33-1/2009-33-1-20.htm
- Zhao, B., Schulze, P., & Wang, Y. (2007). Chinese teenager tobacco consumption & perception of quality of life. Consumer Journal, 3, 81-97.
- Zhao, B. (July, 2007). Quality of life analysis regarding resources for different income levels. National Social Sciences Journal, 30(2), accessible at http://www.nssa.us/journals/2008-30-2/2008-30-2-21.htm
- Zhao, B.,
, S., & Li, P. (2007). Chinese adolescent individualism & collectivism in the parent-adolescent relationship. National Social Sciences Journal, 29(1), accessible at http://www.nssa.us/journals/2007-29-1/2007-29-1-24.htm Wilson
- Zhao, B. (2005). Community self assessment data assistance and editing, published and accessible at http://www.lexlinc.org/needsassessment/file_list.htm
- Zhao, B. (1999). The direction & measures for small and medium business intensive operation in Zhejiang Province. East China Economic Management, May 1999 (Code: CN34-1014/F)
- Zhao, B. (1999). Hong Kong second board & new ideas for smb financing.
Economy, June 1999 (CN33-1007/F) Zhejiang
- Zhao, B. (1998). On establishing human resources markets for entrepreneurs in China.
East ChinaEconomic Management, May 1998 (Code: CN34-1014/F)
- Zhao, B. (1998). On entrepreneurs’ human resources capitalization.
Economy, June 1998 (CN33-1007/F) Zhejiang
- Zhao, B. (1997). To develop resources recycling & promote constant development of national economy.
East ChinaEconomic Management, April 1997 (CN34-1014/F)
- Zhao, B. (1997). Resources recycling and constant development. Zhejiang Economic Management. Feb. 1997 (Zhe01-1065)
- Zhao, B. (1996). The five C’s pursuit of the Singaporean. Zhejiang Economic Management. April 1996 (Zhe01-1065)
- Ph.D. in Family Studies, University of Kentucky
- M.A. in Economics, Zhejiang University, China
- B.A. in English, Zhejiang University, China