Degree information: School of Social Work
- We offer a Bachelor of Arts (BA), a Bachelor of Art in Social Work (BASW), and a Master of Social Work (MSW) at three campuses in Akron, Lakewood, and Wayne.
- Our curriculum is designed to prepare students for competent and effective professional practice in social work. The program provides a rigorous intellectual base, an opportunity for effective skill development, and an educational perspective that views human diversity as desirable and enriching to society.
- Social workers help people solve personal and family problems, provide services to meet social needs, and restore social and emotional functioning.
- Employment is projected to increase by 25% from 2010-2020, according to the US Department of Labor.
- The Social Work program provides the foundation of coursework and field experience necessary to sit for the licensure exam that is required for the profession.
- Graduates work in various settings from child welfare to health care. Employers actively recruit our graduates because of their solid academic preparation and professional practice strengths.