Step 1: Registration
Registration deadline October 2, 2015
Step 2: Waiver Form
To expedite your check-in process, please take advantage of filling out the waiver form ahead of time and bringing it with you the day-of the event. Download Waiver Form Here
Register Your Agency or Service Site
This year, The University of Akron will be participating in Make a Difference Day on Saturday, October 24, 2015. October 24th is the 2015 national day of service, and UA is proud to serve among the thousands of volunteers dedicating their time across the nation.
If you would like to be a participating agency or service site, please click the button below to register.
UA volunteers will be at service sites for 2 hours from either 9 a.m. to 11a.m. or 12p.m. to 2 p.m. We supply the volunteers with breakfast and snacks before they leave, so you will not need to worry about providing food. However, in regard to tools and supplies, we do ask that each service site provide the needed equipment for their designated service project. As we have every year, thanks to our sponsors, we will provide transportation to and from service sites!
Please complete all spaces on this form. If you have any questions, please contact Ali Doehring at 330.972.7352 or email@example.com
- Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others. Held annually on the fourth Saturday of October, millions of Americans are rallied into a single day of action to help change the world.
- The University of Akron has participated in this national day of service for the last eight years. 2013 marks the 9th year of our participation!
- Make A Difference Day 2013 will be held on Saturday, October 26, 2013. Student will be able to volunteer from either 9am-11am or 12pm-2pm. Snacks, a t-shirt, and transportation will be provided for FREE to all participants.
- Please fill out the registration form and e-mail the completed form to serveAkron@uakron.edu or turn in a printed copy to the Center for Service and Leadership desk.
- All registration materials need to be submitted by 5:00pm Friday, October 4th.
- After registration has closed, you and/or your group leader will be notified of your assigned timeslot as well as details needed for your participation
- Yes! All student organizations are encouraged to volunteer as well as any groups of students that would like to be placed together
- Although it is our intention to ensure that those who register as groups are able to serve together, due to the capacity size of our projects, a group larger than 10-20 will most likely be split between a few projects. We will attempt to keep as many group members together as possible.
- Historically, 700-850 students, faculty, staff, and community members volunteer together for UA’s Make A Difference Day.
- Since MDD started at The University of Akron eight years ago, our campus has dedicated more than 16,000 hours of service and more than 4,000 students, faculty, staff, and community members have participated
- Some of our past projects have included community clean ups, repairing homes, painting, spending time with the elderly, landscaping, animal care, and much, much more.