District Science Day 2023 - We hope to run an "In-Person" event on Saturday 3/18/2023.
District 5 Science Day 3/18/2023
Teachers and Students – Tuesday Sept 6, 2022
Mentors – Thursday Oct 6, 2022
Judges – Tuesday, Dec 6, 2022
Monday, Feb 27, 2023. No editing after this date, so please plan to complete before February 10th, 2023 so we have time to review forms and return them for correction if necessary.
PLEASE start early. All students are encouraged to start and complete their Science Project using the rubrics, guidance and forms provided in ProjectBoard.
The Ohio Academy of Science provides ProjectBoard for Science Day Projects at no cost.
If all STUDENTS in your school start and complete their project using Project Board, promoting students to District Science Day should be fairly simple.
TEACHERS should create a ProjectBoard account, create a classroom and provide the classroom link to their students. This will allow teachers to use ProjectBoard to supervisor/mentor their students from the very beginning of project planning.
(ProjectBoard Summary Document – Please read: ProjectBoard Summary Doc)
School Fair – ProjectBoard has fair management support – schools may use these features for their local science fair, also at no cost.
Registration must be completed in ProjectBoard. All forms and uploads must be completed and approved by District prior to Monday, February 27, 2023. So, the effective deadline is 2/10/23, as District will need time to review forms and return them for correction.
- For all ISEF forms in one PDF file: https://www.societyforscience.org/isef/international-rules/
- You'll find the "Forms only (PDF) link under the "Rules and Guidelines" box.
- If we do "In Person" for 2023 - Students will bring their project poster board and no video is needed. If we pivot to online, then a video is recommended.
- State Science Day will be run "Remotely". A video is optional, but recommended for State Science Day.
- Please adapt this "Going to District Science Day Instructions" document to hand out to your local fair students whose projects qualify to go to District. Student should finalize their Project Board information by the Friday after your school fair. (LINK NOT READY YET)
- If your school is paying for registrations, please email ScienceDay@uakron.edu to make arrangements. Fee information here: https://uakron.edu/wrsd/wrsd-registration-fees-and-mailing
- Judging: Teachers, please recruit 2 judges for each 5 students you send to District Science Day - Judging is critical to our success.
JUDGES and SPONSORS Please register here: Link coming soon
QUESTIONS Please email email@example.com
Your school doesn't have a Science Day?
(For Spring 2023, you may attend District without achieving a Superior at a local fair. Nevertheless – going to a local fair is still a great idea.)
If your school does not run a local Science Day there are several "at large" fairs that will welcome you.
- In past years, NEOHSTEM actively supported and helped independent students with projects: http://www.neohstem.org/
- University School Upper School (accepts grades 5-12) Sunday January 22, 8:30-1:30. Registration closes January 5, 2023. (link coming)
- Check back, here, in October for a list of other "at large" fairs.
Work through ProjectBoard (https://projectboard.world/oas) and seek approval of your plan and get form sign-off (1, 1a and 1b, etc) before you start experimenting. Your teacher can be your "Adult Sponsor" and help you fill out the forms and get signatures. You can start now, and find a fair in October or November.
- See the Ohio State Science Day link at top for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
- The Ohio Academy of Science
- Society of Plastics Engineers
View Archived Results from past events (2010-2022).