Construction Engineering Technology (BS)
Construction managers plan and direct construction projects to ensure schedules, contracts and budgets are met and the work site is safe for workers and the general public.
The bachelor’s degree program builds on the knowledge and skills developed in the associate degree program.
- You’ll gain a thorough grasp of construction technology principles and concepts.
- Program accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- are innovative and interactive
- are professional engineers or expert practitioners in their areas of expertise
- draw on real-world experience
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
Experience construction engineering technology firsthand through our research facilities:
- Construction Materials Testing Lab
- Project Estimating and Scheduling Lab
- Building Construction and Residential Building Lab
The required cooperative work study experience for the Construction Engineering Technology program may begin after the student has completed 64 hours of course work in the Construction Engineering Technology program. This requirement may be satisfied by one of the following options:
- One semester* co-op registered with Career Services
- 120 service hours with a credible construction organization**
- One calendar year of full-time, continuous, and ongoing employment in a construction management related position**
* Summer I and II combined count as one semester for the co-op.
** For options 2 and 3, a portfolio of work must be submitted to and approved by the Program Director. The portfolio will include but not be limited to a description of the various work, evidence of work such as supervisor letters or certificates, and a technical paper, addressing a relevant topic associated with the work.
Recent placements include:
- Kokosing Construction Company
- Turner Construction Company
- Ruhlin Construction Company
- Wayne Homes
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Great Lakes Construction
- Environmental Design Group
Interact with other construction engineering technology students and professionals in the following organizations:
- The Construction Management Association of America (student chapter)
- Women in Engineering program
- Increasing Diversity in Engineering Academics
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Steel Bridge
- Concrete Canoe
The bachelor's degree program in Construction Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.