Kurzweil 3000 is an adaptive technology, text to speech, learning tool that supports the concept of Universal Design for Learning with a suite of powerful reading, writing, and study skills tools that makes curriculum accessible to all students.
Get Started Using Kurzweil
- Download Kurzweil 3000
- Watch the Introduction video on how to use Kurzweil 3000
- Request a username and password for Kurzweil 3000
- Provide Proof of Purchase for textbooks either in the office or by submitting the online Proof of Purchase Form
- Check the status of textbooks through STARS, Alternative Formats tab
- Download books from STARS once available
Kurzweil Username and Password
To access Kurzweil, students will need a username and password. To sign up for a username and password, visit this link and login with your UAnet ID and password. Scroll down to the section on Kurzweil 3000 and select the link to sign up for a username and password. After entering your information, a Kurzweil username and password will appear immediately on screen. The username and password will also be sent electronically to the email address provided.
Alternative Media Proof of Purchase
Students can submit proof of purchase for alternative media electronically to the Office of Accessibility by filling out the online Proof of Purchase Form. Students must attach the receipt for requested textbook(s) to the form. If textbook(s) are not available through the office resources, students will be contacted and asked to provide their textbook(s) for conversion.