Canceled - Based on recommendations from public health experts,UA has canceled all large and non-essential University events until at least April 20. Once a decision has been made on a future date, this page will be updated.
Is your finance organization future-ready? What reasonable precautions should finance take to mitigate cybersecurity risk? What do we need to know about the SEC’s focus areas for 2020?
Join KPMG, The J.M. Smucker Company and The University of Akron's George W. Daverio School of Accountancy as we discuss the issues, challenges and innovations that can impact your financial reporting decisions
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The University of Akron Student Union
- CFO Roundtable
- Maryann Correnti, CFO, Heinen's
- Joan Hilson, CFO, Signet Jewelers
- Tucker Marshall, Senior Vice President and Deputy CFO, The J.M. Smucker Company
- Trent Meyerhoefer, Senior Vice President and CFO, Ranpak
- Cybersecurity: Key Trends
- SEC Hot Topics
- Future of Finance
- A Conversation on Inclusion and Diversity
Click to register. Upon registration, you'll receive a confirmation. The week of the event, you will receive a communication with instructions for downloading our event app.
Contact Shelly Stata at 216-875-8064.
Continuing Professional Education
TThis session is ideal for professionals in audit, finance, tax, treasury and financial reporting. You may qualify for up to 6.5 continuing professional education credits for this seminar. This is a live, intermediate-level program and no advanced preparation or prerequisites are required.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- List the key issues facing CFOs today and the evolving CFO agenda
- Describe the SEC's key areas of focus for today's financial reporting environment
- Discuss finance-specific issues in relation to extreme automation, cloud and other technologies
- Describe the latest insights related to cybersecurity specific to the finance function
- Discuss the issues and challenges related to inclusion and diversity