Earn your Master's Degree in Child and Family Development online from UA!
Ready to Apply?
The mission of the Master's in Child and Family Development program is to develop leaders and innovators in the Child and Family Development field through providing an advanced interdisciplinary and experiential education that prepares professionals who will contribute to the well-being of individuals, families, and global communities through careers in child and family development.
About Our Program
- Our 39-credit hour online program is designed to provide advanced training in:
- Knowledge in Child and Family Development
- Skills and Career Competencies in Child & Family Development
- Understanding Advanced Diversity in Child and Family Development
- Professional Development & Leadership within an Interdisciplinary Context
- You can tailor your training experience by:
- Choosing elective courses that align with your career goals
- Choosing your Capstone Experience – complete a thesis, project, or practicum
- You can earn your Master's degree in as little as three semesters*. *Dependent on course availability
Click here to learn more information about coursework requirements.
What Our Alumni are Saying
From Britney Shimko, 2021 Graduate
“I think the faculty is a huge part of what made this program so amazing. I received encouragement and support every step of my journey at Akron. Many of my courses had a small class size which allowed me to become close with fellow students and the staff. During COVID my professors were so supportive and understanding, especially since I lived across the country. I was able to have weekly or monthly check-ins to answer any questions I had or just to say hi! I still stay in contact with some of these people even after graduation!
With being a military spouse, it’s been difficult to find the exact career I want, but I’ve had the pleasure of being a nanny for 3 young boys recently and have volunteered a lot of my time with the youth living on the Air Force Base! I was able to actually share my Masters project that was focused on military children with several families and give my advice on situations that their children were going through.
I’ve been so honored to have had such a positive experience at the University of Akron in the Child and Family development program and it has allowed me to share my knowledge with so many military and civilian families!”
Questions about the Program?
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 330-972-8158