Dr. Craig Menzemer
Title: Acting Dean, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Administration
Dept/Program: Engineering Dean's Office
Office: ASEC 201
- Ph.D. Lehigh University, 1992
- 1981 - 1982, United States Steel Corporation, Field Engineer , Construction Management Group
- 1985 - 1996, Alcoa , Alcoa Technical Center, Technical Specialist, Product Design and Mechanics
- 1996 - Present, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, The University of Akron
- Mechanics of Solids
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- Steel Design
- Advanced Steel Design
- Fracture Mechanics for Civil Engineering Applications
- Steel Wire Reinforcement for High Pressure Hose
- Excessive Wear on Dump Body Truck Beds
- Development and Evaluation of Structural Systems for Freight Cars
- Strength of Joints in Kevlar Webbing
- Friction Grip Joints in Aluminum
- Post Buckling Behavior of Welded Aluminum Plates
- Block Shear Models for Connecting Elements
- Angles Attached by a Single Leg
- Fatigue Strength of Strand Splice
- Hot Spot fatigue Behavior of Joints
- Aluminum Alloys for Buried, High Voltage Conductors
- Kostem, C. N. and Menzemer, C. C.
Finite Element Analysis of Structural Details in Large Steel Bridge Superstructures,
Computing in Civil Engineering, Proceedings of the Fourth Congress, ASCE, 1986.
- Menzemer, C. C., Hinkle, A. and Nordmark, G.
Aluminum Orthotropic Bridge deck Verification, Materials and Member Behavior,
Proceedings of the Structures Congress, ASCE, 1986.
- Menzemer, C. C. and Fisher, J. W.
Bridge Repair Methods U.S./Canadian Practice, Bridge Evaluation, Repair and
Rehabilitation, NATO ASI Series, Series E, Vol. 187, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1990.
- Fisher, J. W. and Menzemer, C. C.
Fatigue Cracking in Welded Steel Bridges, Transportation Research Record #1282,
Transportation Research Board, 1990.
- Sharp, M. L., Nordmark, G. E. and Menzemer, C. C.
Fatigue Design of Aluminum Components and Structures, McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- Menzemer, C. C.
Aluminum Materials and the Infrastructure, ASCE Special Report, TBP.
- Menzemer, C. C.,
Emerging Materials and the Infrastructure, Alminum Alloys and the Infrastructure, American Society of Civil Engineers, State of the Art Report, October 2000.
- Xiao, Y. and Menzemer, C.,
Ultimate Compressive Strength of Aluminum Plate Elements Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Accepted September 2002.
- Menzemer, C. and Srivatsan, T,
The Effect of Environment on Fatigue Crack Growth Behavior of Aluminum Alloy 5456, Materials Science and Engineering A, No. A271, Elseveir, 1999.
- Iascone, R. and Menzemer, C.,
Re-Establishing the Shear Strength of ALuminum Alloy Fillet Welds Welding Journal, AWS, Featured Article, April 2002.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Welding Society
- Sigma Xi
Ph.D. Lehigh University, 1992