Our academic advisers are the best resource for new students when it comes to creating a plan to reach your academic and career goals.
Academic advisers help students transitioning into the College of Engineering and Polymer Science explore their interests, abilities and goals and relate them to academic plans. Your adviser will discuss your academic performance and implications for academic program and career pathways.
In addition, we will support you by helping you:
- Explore and understand CEPS program options and requirements
- Register for classes (adding and dropping courses)
- Chart graduation requirements
- Understand academic policies and requirements
- Be candid in answering your questions and concerns
- Explore career options
Find your adviser
Your academic adviser contact information can be found in the MyAkron Student Center. Due to the high volume of inquiries, please give advisers 2-3 business days to respond. Emails should be reserved for quick questions or to schedule an appointment. Questions regarding scheduling classes should be done through an appointment.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all advising appointments will be virtual. Please email your adviser to schedule an appointment or visit our virtual walk-in hours listed at the bottom of this page.
Due to the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act, advisers can only respond to emails sent from a UA email account.
Registering for classes
First-year CEPS students are required to meet with their adviser prior to registering for the next semester. For all other students, we suggest you schedule a meeting prior to registering for classes to ensure you are staying on track.
The College of Engineering and Polymer Science advisers look forward to working with you! To be successful, our advisers will expect the following from you:
- Maintain contact with your academic adviser throughout the semester and be prepared for all advising appointments.
- Learn how to use online resources like the Degree Progress Report, My Akron, BrightSpace, and any other online tools your professors are using for your classes this semester.
- Accept responsibility for your educational experience.
- Talk to your adviser if you need help clarifying your educational, career, and personal goals.
- Ask for help when you need it.
Staff advisers are now scheduling both in-person and virtual appointments! If you have a faculty adviser, you will still need to reach out to that individual to schedule an appointment. Remember to choose your adviser when you schedule!
Walk-in hours are open to any student in the College of Engineering and Polymer Science but please be aware that questions about courses specific to your major will be redirected to your academic adviser.
|Virtual||ASEC Advising Suite||Polsky Advising Suite|
|Monday||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||10:00 – 11:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||10:00 – 11:00 a.m.|
|Thursday||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.|
You can also find this information on the homepage of the CEPS Student Advising site in Brightspace.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.