Interim Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Stephen Storck was named interim CFO in January 2020. Storck is expected to serve in the position until a permanent VP/CFO is in place. He oversees:
- Vice President of Operations
- Associate VP & Controller
- Purchasing Department
- Resource Analysis & Budgeting
- Student Accounts & Bursar
Storck has an extensive background in higher education finance and administration, including leadership positions at several Ohio colleges and universities. During the past 2½ years, he served assignments as the interim vice president for finance & administration at the State University of New York, Geneseo, and interim chief business officer for Xavier University in Cincinnati. From August 2013 to July 2017, he was vice president and chief financial officer for Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. He was senior associate vice president for finance and administration at Kent State University from June 2010 to August 2013.
Other positions that Storck has held include:
- vice president and treasurer at Lycoming College, Williamsport, Pennsylvania (2007–10),
- vice president for administration & CFO at Heidelberg University, Tiffin, Ohio (2006–07),
- vice president for business affairs at Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio (1988–06),
- business manager at Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania (1985–88),
- comptroller at Davis & Elkins College, Elkins, West Virginia (1982–85) and
- assistant comptroller at the University of Charleston, Charleston, West Virginia (1980–82).
He began his professional career as an auditor for the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare in Charleston, West Virginia (1976-80).
Storck is a Certified Public Accountant and earned his Ph.D. in higher education administration from Ohio University (1996), a Master of Business Administration degree from York College (1989) and a Bachelor of Science degree from King’s College (1976). He has served two terms (2014–15 and 1993–94) as President of the Ohio Association of College and University Business Officers.