Spring 2018 CEREMONIES
Congratulations to the students who will receive degrees this spring. Commencement ceremonies will be held May 11-13. University of Akron President Matthew J. Wilson will deliver the address at each ceremony.
Friday, May 11, 7 p.m.
- College of Engineering
- College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
Saturday, May 12, 10 a.m.
- College of Health Professions (undergraduate degrees)
- U.S. Army ROTC Cadet Commissioning
Student Speaker: Blaire Gray-Harrison, Social Work
Saturday, May 12, 2 p.m.
- Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences (graduate degrees)
- College of Health Professions (graduate degrees)
Student Speaker: TBA
Saturday, May 12, 6 p.m.
- Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences (undergraduate degrees)
Student Speaker: Bridget Sciscento, History
Sunday, May 13, 10 a.m.
- College of Business Administration
- The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education (graduate degrees)
Student Speaker: Sarah Lucas, double major in Marketing Management and Integrated Marketing Communications
Sunday, May 13, 2 p.m.
- College of Applied Science and Technology
- The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education (undergraduate degrees)
- Wayne College
Student Speaker: Zachary Michel, double major in AYA Education and History
GRADUATES: WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
We asked members of the Class of 2017 what's next and what their Akron Experience meant to them.
GradFest is a celebration for the graduates, their families and friends at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall.
It features music, refreshments and photo ops with Zippy, UA's loveable mascot.