SPRING 2017 CEREMONIES
Congratulations to the students who will receive degrees this spring. UA has six ceremonies scheduled — one on May 12, three on May 13 and two on May 14. University of Akron President Matthew J. Wilson will deliver the address at each ceremony.
Friday, May 12, 7 p.m.
- College of Business Administration
- The LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education
- Wayne College
Student Speaker: Callie Mack, marketing management
Saturday, May 13, 10 a.m.
- Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences (graduate degrees)
- College of Engineering
- College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
- U.S. Army ROTC Cadet Commissioning
Student Speaker: Lucas Gsellman, biomedical engineering
Saturday, May 13, 2 p.m.
- Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences (undergraduate degrees)
Student Speaker: Samuel Bunting, biology
Saturday, May 13, 5:30 p.m.
- Summer degree candidates from all colleges
Student Speaker: To be announced
Sunday, May 14, 10 a.m.
- College of Health Professions (undergraduate degrees)
Student Speaker: Ashley Capestrain, nursing
Sunday, May 14, 2 p.m.
- College of Applied Science and Technology
- College of Health Professions (graduate degrees)
Student Speaker: Zachary Strohl, construction engineering technology
GRADUATES: WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
We asked members of the Class of 2016 what's next and what their Akron Experience meant to them.
GradFest is a celebration for the graduates, their families and friends at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall.
It features music, refreshments and photo ops with Zippy, UA's loveable mascot.