Advantages of the Honors Experience
As a student in the Williams Honors College, you'll have a chance to live in the Honors Residence Hall with other high-achieving, self-motivated students. You can apply for additional scholarships, and gain leadership experience through student organizations and through the Honors Leadership Summit. Further, students in the Williams Honors College can design their own research focus, and get personal attention from faculty advisers.
Students in the Williams Honors College enjoy:
- Honors merit scholarships
- Priority for class registration so that you can schedule the classes you need, with the instructors you select, during the semesters and at the hours you prefer
- One-on-one research with a faculty member in your chosen area of study
- Special recognition at graduation and on your transcript
- Leadership training
The Honors Colloquia, open only to students in the Williams Honors College, are interdisciplinary seminars that are focused on discussion. The Honors Research Project provides students with a close working relationship with a faculty member.
In addition to scholarships you can earn through the university, the Williams Honors College offers several additional scholarship awards to outstanding students.
Scholarships range from $500 to $1,000 for most students, with the potential for additional scholarships for outstanding applicants.
The Honors Complex, located in the heart of campus, is the center of activity for honors students.
Not only is it a residence hall for honors students, but it serves as a center for academics, too. The academic wing features a large classroom, seminar rooms, a computer lab, study lounges and a two-story common room for socializing and studying.
Graduates of the Williams Honors College earn special recognition on the diploma and transcript.
Honors students are also invited to an Honors-only graduation recognition ceremony to celebrate their achievements.
- Live with other highly-motivated students in the residential wing of the Honors Complex
- Full use of the facilities in the academic wing of the Honors Complex
- A more flexible set of courses outside of your major
- Work with faculty in small honors colloquia and honors sections of introductory courses
- Education abroad opportunities help make you more competitive in the global economy and improve your understanding of people from different backgrounds
- As a senior undergraduate, you may enroll in up to 6 credits of graduate courses