UA FLUTE DAY FESTIVAL
The University of Akron School of Music is pleased to announce details for the 2019 Flute Day. Presented by The Northeastern Ohio Flute Association, in conjunction with the UA Undergraduate Student Government and the UA School of Music. Pre-registration is open and can be found here . Walk ins are welcome!
Join us Sunday, Nov. 3rd
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Guzzetta Recital Hall (157 University Ave.)
Featuring masterclasses, performances, and flute choir reading sessions by: Lindsay Leach Sparks, Dan Parasky, Kelly Wilson, and Mimi Stillman.
The 5 p.m. concert is free and open to the public.
High School Students
Performance in the high school masterclass with Dr. Sparks will be by video audition.
If interested, please follow these steps:
- Record a 60-90 second video of you playing the piece you would like to play in the masterclass.
- State your name, grade, and piece at the beginning of the video.
- Post your video to the UA Flute Studio facebook page with the hashtag #NEOFAfest2019.
- All video submission are due by Friday, Oct. 25 at 11:59pm.
- Registration is $15 per participant, due at the door, cash or check only.
- Free for UA students.
- Free for parents.
- Free for teachers or flute choir directors accompanying students.
- A separate $5 lunch ticket, pizza and a drink, can also be purchased.
- Students wishing to have a private lesson with Dr. Sparks or a private Body Mapping session with Ms. Wilson must pre-register.
Walk-ins are welcome, but please sign up if you know you plan to attend.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
Sunday, November 3
9 - 10 a.m. - Registration, Atrium
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Exhibits open, Atrium
10:00-11:00 a.m. – Body Mapping session with Kelly Wilson, room TBA
11:00-12:30 p.m. - College clinic with Mimi Stillman, Recital Hall
12:30-1:30 p.m. - Lunch, featuring area flute choirs and chamber groups, Atrium
1:30-2:00 p.m. - Visit the exhibits, Atrium
2:00-3:00 p.m. – Flute Choir Reading session with Dan Parasky, Recital Hall
3:00-4:30 p.m. - High School clinic with Lindsay Leach Sparks, Recital Hall
4:30-5:00 p.m. - Visit the exhibits, Atrium
5:00-6:00 p.m. - Faculty Recital featuring the University of Akron Flute Ensemble
- Contact Dr. Lindsay A. Leach Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org