Find information, resources and policies relevant for faculty members below.
UA is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Conflict of interest disclosure:
This is for the year ahead, disclose in advance any outside activity for the upcoming year.
Collective Bargaining Units:
- AAUP 2021-2026 on UA's Human Resources website
- CWA 2022-2026 on UA's Human Resources website
- SBU CWA (Staff) 2021-2026 on UA's Human Resources website
- FOP 2021-2026 on UA's Human Resources website
- IATSE 2019-2022 on UA's Human Resources website
New faculty orientation
Welcome to The University of Akron!
We are glad you have accepted a teaching position with us, and we welcome you to our team.
By completing this online orientation, you will be well prepared to begin your UA experience.
How to complete this orientation:
Log in to Brightspace using your UANet ID and password. In My Courses, you will see the tile for New Faculty Orientation. Click the New Faculty Orientation link to access the orientation materials.
If you require assistance logging into the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the orientation materials before you begin teaching and review them as often as you need to during the year. The orientation materials contain essential information to assist new faculty and provide details important to teaching success, including access to many resources on campus.
- Upload your CV to SelectedWorks:
Resources and Policies
What to put in your syllabi (what students need to know from you)
Religious Accommodations for Students
The University prohibits discrimination on the basis of religion and welcomes individuals from all different faiths, philosophies, religious traditions, and other systems of belief. Read full accommodations at What students need to know.
College of Buchtel College of Arts and Science
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Art
- Department of Biology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Communications
- Department of Criminal Justice Studies
- Department of Dance Theatre Arts
- Department of English
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of History
- Department of Modern Languages
- School of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
- Department of School of Education
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Statistics
College of Engineering and Polymer Science
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Chemical, Biomolecular, and Corrosion Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Department of Mathematics and link policy.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
College of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Allied Heath
- School of Counseling
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work and Family Sciences
- School of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
College of Business
- School of Accountancy
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing