How to re-enroll
We look forward to having you re-enroll. It's a great time to be here.
Select the option below that best describes your situation. If you have questions, call us at 330-972-8300.
The following policy went into effect as of December 2018.
To be eligible for readmission, previously dismissed students applying to return to the university must have either:
- completed at a regionally accredited college or university at least 18 credit hours, with a 2.5 GPA or higher, that will apply toward a degree at the University of Akron or,
- waited a minimum of five calendar years from the date of dismissal and submitted a written statement outlining the causes of poor academic performance and steps taken toward improvement.
For students who were academically dismissed in December 2018 or later
If you have completed at least 18 credit hours with a 2.5 GPA or higher elsewhere:
- Reapply as a transfer student.
- Submit official transcripts from any college/institution that you attended after being dismissed from UA.
- Complete the supplemental form that will be automatically sent to your email after you submit your new application.
- Your supplemental form will be reviewed by an Application Screening Committee. If you are re-admitted, you will be directed to the college for the major you intend to pursue to enroll in coursework.
If it has been at least five calendar years from the date of dismissal and have not completed coursework elsewhere, complete an Undergraduate Reenrollment Request along with a written statement to outlining the causes of poor academic performance and steps taken toward improvement to firstname.lastname@example.org.