How to re-enroll
We look forward to having you re-enroll. It's a great time to be here.
Select the option below that best describes your situation. If you have questions, call us at 330-972-8300.
If you attended another college or university after leaving The University of Akron, reapply as a transfer student.
If you earned a bachelor’s degree from another institution, reapply as a post-baccalaureate student.
The following policy went into effect as of December 2018.
Previously dismissed students applying to return to the university must have either:
- completed at a regionally accredited college or university at least 18 credit hours, with a 2.5 GPA or higher, that will apply toward a degree at the University of Akron or,
- waited a minimum of two calendar years from the date of dismissal and submitted a written statement outlining the causes of poor academic performance and steps taken toward improvement.
If you have completed at least 18 credit hours with a 2.5 GPA or higher elsewhere:
- Reapply as a transfer student.
- Submit official transcripts from any college/institution that you attended after being dismissed from UA.
- Complete the supplemental form that will be automatically sent to your email after you submit your new application.
- Your supplemental form will be reviewed by an Application Screening Committee. If you are re-admitted, you will be directed to the college for the major you intend to pursue to enroll in coursework.
If it has been at least two calendar years from the date of dismissal and you have not completed coursework elsewhere:
- Complete the Undergraduate Request for Reenrollment-After-Dismissal.
- Prepare a written statement outlining the causes of poor academic performance and steps taken toward improvement.
- Submit both items to email@example.com.
- The Center for Academic Advising and Student Success will coordinate the review of your Reenrollment-After-Dismissal form and written statement. If you are re-admitted, you will be directed to the college for the major you intend to pursue to enroll in coursework.
If you have been away from UA for at least one semester (not including summer) and you have not attended another college or university, and you would like to continue your undergraduate coursework, submit an Undergraduate Reenrollment Request.
If you are interested in graduate coursework, please contact the Graduate School.
I have questions
Call the Office of the University Registrar at 330-972-8300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.