OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
Request your transcript
What should you know?
- An official academic transcript is a complete record of your academic history at The University of Akron, including all undergraduate, graduate and professional courses.
- All financial obligations to The University of Akron must be reconciled prior to the release of an official academic transcript.
- If you have an outstanding financial obligation and believe that you have special circumstances requiring an official academic transcript, you must contact the Office of Student Accounts/Bursar at 330.972.5100 to discuss your options. The Office of Student Accounts/Bursar may direct you to complete a Special Exception Request.
- Office of the University Registrar request forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- An official academic transcript that is mailed directly to you or is requested in person by you or your designee is marked ‘ISSUED TO STUDENT’ and may not be accepted as official by a third party.
- Any request for a physical copy of your official academic transcript that only includes undergraduate courses and is addressed to an enrollment services office of another Ohio public college or university will be delivered electronically via the Ohio Department of Higher Education Articulation & Transfer Clearinghouse (ATC).
- No more than four (4) official academic transcripts are produced on your behalf on any given day.
- If you need an official academic transcript with a recent degree posted or a recent semester’s final grades posted, view your unofficial academic record to verify that your transcript contains all of the academic information that you need prior to submitting your request.
- Questions regarding official academic transcripts may be directed to the Office of the University Registrar at 330.972.8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will my request be processed?
|Request received||Your official academic transcript will be
mailed or electronically delivered by...
|Prior to 9 a.m. on a business day||noon on the same business day|
|After 9 a.m. on a business day||noon on the next business day|
|On a weekend or other non-business day||noon on the next business day|
If a request is presented in person by you or your designee (a RapidRequest or a release with your signature is required), the official academic transcript is produced while you wait and handed to you or your designee.
When were you last enrolled?
View and print your unofficial academic record
With an active UANet ID and password, you can instantly produce an unofficial academic record in three easy steps.
- Login to My Akron and click on the Student Center icon.
- Click on the My Academics dropdown and select Transcript: View Unofficial.
- Click on the view report button.
Once processing has finished, a new window will open displaying the unofficial academic record. The record is in PDF format and can be printed and/or saved. If the new window does not open, you may have a pop-up blocker set on your browser. Turn off any pop-up blockers or follow these instructions to disable pop-ups for The University of Akron web pages.
Please note: Although final grades for the current term may be present on your unofficial academic record, they will NOT be posted to your official academic transcript until ONE WEEK after final grades are due. When viewing your cumulative totals, it is possible that your current term and/or cumulative GPA information will change once your final grades are posted to your official academic transcript and the Office of the University Registrar has finished end-of-term processing, i.e., adjustments to repeated classes and incomplete grades.