Upcoming Field Advisory Meetings Schedule- Optional
- Field Advisory meetings are open, optional meetings for both field instructors and task supervisors.
- The purpose of these meetings are for preceptors/field instructors/task supervisors to provide feedback and make recommendations to the university-school of social work on best practices in the field, and trends in student performance. It is during these meetings that the field coordinator provides the field with academic updates (ie. curriculum, school changes/revisions), student concerns and/or trends, and provide feedback on any recommendations adopted by the school of social work.
- The field advisory meetings provide a meaningful opportunity to have, and use one collective 'voice'- academia and practice. It is with this collective 'voice' that each cohort of social work students are intentionally trained as effective generalist social workers.
- The Field Advisory Meetings occur once per semester for about 1.5 hours and historically meet at the university in one of the School of Social Work's main classrooms in the Polsky Building. Fall 2016 introduced the use of WebEx to support an online meeting format.
Academic Year 2017-18
- Fall 2017 Friday, 10.6.17, 9 a.m. -10:30 a.m. | Online Meeting using WebEx| Online Registration completed
- Spring 2018 Rescheduled | Friday, 4.27.18, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. |Online Meeting using WebEx | No registration required completed
Webex information| Join meeting- https://uakron.webex.com/meet/naomi1 and locate More ways to join
Resources for Fall 2017 meeting- Agenda | 2015 EPAS | Social Work Competencies & Multidimensional Assessment | Social Work Field Assessment Website- The University of Sidney\Australia | Effective supervision in social work and social care
Academic Year 2017-18 | Field Advisory Meeting Summaries