BA/BASW Field Education Information and Forms
Field Application Process, Schedules, & Documents
Alert! New Field Orientation Process & Format
- The School of Social Work requires all social work students to attend both Part I & II of a two-part field education orientation prior to beginning their field education experience.
- The School of Social Work is committed to each student receiving the appropriate knowledge necessary to effectively begin skill acquisition upon entering their field placement.
- Beginning in Fall 2014, both Part I and Part II field orientations will occur in the Social Work Lab located in the Social Work office, Room 411. Two sessions of each Part will be available for students to register and attend. There will be limited seats. Availability is based on the number of computers in this lab.
- If you are unable to attend the scheduled orientation sessions, meet with your Academic Advisor and review the schedule below to enter your field education experience in a different semester. No exceptions will be made.
- Important: Attend Field Education Orientation Part 1 BEFORE contacting any field agencies to secure a field placement Field Agencies
UA Campus Students Only Field Orientation Schedule
Social Work Computer Lab, Room 411
Two sessions: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m. sessions are scheduled for both Part I and Part II. On-line registration only- Select date, open electronic registration, select time frames, and submit.
- Summer Semester Orientation for Fall 2015 Field Placement
Part I- 1st Friday of June - June 5, 2015
Part II - 3rd Friday of July - July 17, 2015
- Fall Semester Orientation for Spring 2016 Field Placement
Part I - 3rd Friday of September- September 18, 2015
Part II - 1st Friday of November - November 6, 2015
- Spring Semester Orientation for Summer 2016 Field Placement
Part I - 3rd Friday of February- February 19,2016
Part II - 1st Friday of April - April 1, 2016
UA Wayne College Students Only Field Orientation Schedule
- Summer Semester Orientation for Fall 2015 Field Placement
Part I - Thursday, May 14, 2015, 4:00 p.m., Room C113- Completed
Part II - Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 4:00 p.m. Room C113
Helpful tip to edit field documents using Word - Once word document is open, go to the top of the page and select View- then click on Edit. Your word document is ready for you to insert your specific student information.
PREPARING TO ENTER FIELD EDUCATION: FORMS & PROCESSESS
Step #1 - Register online for Part I & Part II for Akron campus students only; Wayne College students contact Professor Lisa Crites to register for Part I & II
Step #2 - Complete and submit for review and signature to your Academic Advisor, the Academic Advisor Eligibility Form prior to attendance at the Part I Field Orientation (this document will be collected at the beginning of the field orientation) Note- each advisor is different- check in with yours to determine if they want to meet with you or you are able to drop it off and pick-up a completed, signed document.
Step #3 - Download an Application for Field, complete it electronically and send it prior to Part I of the field orientation to email@example.com with Targeted Semester and Year BA/BASW Field Education Start in the Subject Area. Field Education continues to move towards streamlining its processes. No hard copies of this document will be accepted. We are moving to a paperless system. Your patience is appreciated during this time.
Your thoughts and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Please share them with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application for Field Education
- Academic Advisor Eligibility Form
- BA/BASW Field Application Orientation Schedule: Entering Field Spring -Akron Campus
- BA/BASW Field Application Orientation Schedule: Entering Field Summer- Akron Campus
- BA/BASW Field Application Orientation Schedule: Entering Field Fall- Akron Campus
- BA/BASW Field Application Orientation Schedule: Entering Field Fall - Wayne College
- BA/BASW Field Application Orientation Schedule: Entering Field Summer - Lakewood Campus
- BA/BASW Field Orientation Part I- Quick Overview
- BA/BASW Field Orientation Part II-Quick Overview
- Prior to Interview Form
- FERPA Form
- Field Manual/Code of Ethics Acknowledgement
- NASW Code of Ethics- Read the Code of Ethics prior to submitting the FERPA and Field Manual/Code of Ethics forms
- Field At Place of Employment Proposal - (FAPE) Form
- After Interview Form
- Agency Acceptance Form
- Agency Response Sheet
Agency Roster- Listing of Field Education Opportunities for Field Practicum
Supplemental Agency Roster - Newer agencies not yet listed on the comprehensive Agency Roster
[Coming very soon! Web-based Agency Roster- We listen to you!]
Welcome social work students to an extensive listing of potential field placements available for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- In order to take full advantage of this updated, comprehensive roster, you are encouraged to take a moment and review the format of this document.
- In response to student feedback, we have inserted links to assist you with your search, added a county section, and consolidated four agency rosters into one.
- User-friendliness and relevance are our priority with this document. Your feedback is essential. Let us know if we met our mark to: email@example.com
- Identified an agency that is not on this list? no problem- Check to ensure that there is a bachelor level social worker available to be your field instructor, this same social worker has been employed at this organization for a minimum of one year and graduated, a minimum of two years from an accredited university.
Section I: Table of Contents - All Agencies in Alphabetical Order
Section II: Agency Descriptions - All Agencies in Alphabetical Order
Section III: All Agencies by County
Section IV: Table of Contents - All Agencies by Practice Area
Interview Preparation & Acknowledgment
- Sample Introductory Email to Prospective Field Agency/Instructor
- Sample Interview questions
- Sample Thank you note but I have chosen a different field placement
- Sample Thank you note and I plan to intern at your agency
- Guidelines for Practicum Selection
- University of Akron's Career Center In person and electronic assistance with creating the professional 'you': including, but not limited, to assistance with writing resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and mock interviewing. A free resource for all students and alumni.
- Background Checks/Fingerprinting
Increasingly, agencies/organizations are requesting background checks: A BCI (state) and/or FBI (national) criminal record checks. On-campus fingerprinting and background checks are available-The University of Akron Police Department/Campus Police under $60. for both BCI & FBI.
- Immunizations/Tuberculin Skin testing
Health Services provide General Primary Health Care including:
Evaluation and treatment of uncomplicated illness and injury
Immunizations / Tuberculin skin testing
Academically required physical examinations
Referral assistance for health concerns beyond the scope of the department
- Professional Liability Insurance
Social Work students can purchase Professional Liability Insurance through the University for $20.00 per academic year. Hand deliver, Inter-office mail, or place in the mailbox of the Field Coordinator Naomi White, a check made out to The University of Akron.
Upon receipt and processing of your check, social work students will receive both an electronic version and a hard copy of a Certificate of Liability Insurance (Each claim- 1,000,000. & Aggregate - 3,000,000.).
Beginning Spring 2014, the School of Social Work will encourage all students to purchase liability insurance.
Field Education Manual/Field Syllabi
YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN YOUR FIELD PLACEMENT/PRACTICUM: FORMS
Student Integrative Learning Contract Forms
- FAQs Student Integrative Learning Contract
- Sample Student Integrative Learning Contract
- Learning Contract: Three Areas of Learning
- Student Integrative Learning Contract
Documentation of Time in your Field Placement/Practicum
Student Field Evaluation Forms
- FAQs Student Evaluation
- Field Evaluation Checklist
- Field Evaluation Instructions
- Student Field Evaluation Form
Field Education Seminar Course Journal Outlines
Social Work Licensing Information
Licensing Preparation Materials - a $275 value only $25.-
Contact Social Work Office- Janice Cuddy
- Available immediately to current UA social work students in their final semester prior to graduation and UA alumni
- Five Comprehensive Study Volumes – covers all major content on the exam as well as test-taking skills & advanced strategies
- TestMASTER – 15 full length online practice exams – 4 month access once activated
- Three Audio CD’s – reduce testing anxiety
- Expert Phone Consultation – one on one assistance via a toll free number
- Pass Guarantee
- Professional Credentials & Exam Types
- Licensure Exam - CSWMFT Board Website
- Required Criminal Background Check - a BCI (state) and/or FBI (national) criminal record checks available on-campus: fingerprinting and background checks are available-The University of Akron Police Department/Campus Police under $60 for both BCI & FBI.
Other Field Evaluation Forms
Please complete these web-based forms at the end of each semester. No hard copies required.
- Field Instructor Feedback on Faculty Liaison
- Field Instructor Feedback on Field Coordination
Field Liaison Feedback on Field Agency