School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Accelerated Degree Pathway (ADP)
The Accelerated Degree Pathway (ADP) program is a bridge program between our undergraduate and graduate speech-language pathology degrees. Once admitted into the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology major, all eligible junior level students are encouraged to apply for our ADP program. Eligibility criteria include GPA requirements, a letter of intent, two recommendations from faculty, and an application form. Admitted undergraduate students can complete up to 9 credit hours of graduate coursework at the undergraduate level. In addition, admitted students receive provisional admission into our graduate program pending satisfactory fulfillment of their undergraduate degree and graduate program admission requirements.
The advantages to the accelerated program include:
- Students can complete graduate classes while fulfilling undergraduate degree requirements. This allows for flexibility at the graduate level for enrollment in additional clinical experiences or for acceptance in one of our offered graduate level concentrations.
- Students can start fulfilling graduate school requirements sooner.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in clinic and gain hands-on experiences before entering graduate school.
- Students can save tuition costs by completing up to 9 graduate credit hours at the undergraduate price. These same graduate credits can be applied to their graduate degree at The University of Akron.
- Students can have the opportunity to complete certificates at the graduate level.