Admission to NOAC can be through either The University of Akron or Kent State University. Please apply to only one institution through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS).
Deadline for Admissions is January 15.
NOAC Visitation Day
We will be having a NOAC Visitation day for select applicants on Friday, February 8, 2019. During the visit, applicants will have the opportunity to meet and talk with NOAC faculty and students.
The day will begin at 8:00 am at Kent State University in the Center for Performing Arts. After tours of the facility and a chance to talk with faculty, a bus will transport everyone to The University of Akron. Lunch will be provided along with tours and a chance to meet with faculty and students. The bus will then take us to the Cleveland Clinic. After tours, the bus will return to Kent State at about 5:00 pm.
All applicants will receive an e-mail invitation to the NOAC Visitation Day. When you receive the email from the NOAC coordinator (approximately 2 weeks before the event), please follow its instructions regarding reservations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher (four-point scale)
- At least three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of purpose as to why the applicant wishes to become an audiologist
- Interview (in person at Visitation Day, or by Skype, video, phone call, etc.)
To Apply To The University of Akron
Complete BOTH the application to The University of Akron AND an application through CSDCAS.
Students must submit an application through the CSDCAS system. This must be completed by January 15.
The site can be accessed at:
- CSDCAS Application Portal
- GRE scores (University of Akron Code for CSDCAS: 1722)
- The TOEFL code for CSDCAS is C122
Submit updates as they become available (GRE scores, transcripts, etc.) to the CSDCAS portal.
Students must also submit an application to The University of Akron’s Graduate School. This portion of the procedure requires an application and a