SOuRCe Banner Image

New Student Organization Btn RSO Manuals Btn Advisor Resources Btn
RSO Manuals Btn Finance Btn Student Leadership Resources Btn

Sample Financial Documents

In order to access funds (SAF/EAF/UAF) for your organization, you must first complete a Student Organization Request Form, also known as a SORF.  Here is a sample of an accurately completed form:

If your organization has recently completed a fundraiser, was given a donation, or has a deposit to make, please bring your funds to the SOuRCe with a completed Deposit Form.  The SOuRCe staff will re-check the deposit and will ensure the funds are safely delivered to the appropriate office on campus.  All deposits are placed into your organization's SAF account - these funds typically post to your budget within two business days.

Student Organization Financial Accounts

All registered student organizations at The University of Akron have 2 accounts:

  • Undergraduate Organizations: UAF & SAF
  • Blended Organizations: UAF & SAF
  • Graduate Organizations: EAF & SAF
  • The UAF/EAF accounts are funded via Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and Graduate Student Government (GSG).  Student organizations may request money for non-travel activities through the Budget Management System on RooConnect.
  • The SAF account is funded by the specific organizations by means of fundraising, donations, membership fees, etc.

Tax Exemptions:

  • Organizations that are traveling or making purchases using SAF/UAF/EAF funds should not incur tax. As an extension of the University, student organizations are eligible for tax exemption.
  • Ohio Tax Exempt Form is from the state of Ohio, the form does not show the University's tax exempt number
  • The University Blanket Certificate of Exemption is a University tax exempt form which shows the University tax exempt number.
  • The Other State Tax Exemption Forms is a list showing which states have provided The University of Akron with a tax exempt status. Please read the attached certificates to find out what the exemption is for, i.e. goods,  hotel stays, services etc.

Rental Cars:

  • Registered student organizations traveling on behalf of the University or for official organization business/events are eligible to receive discounted rental vehicle rates. Enterprise and National are the two companies that maintain a relationship with The University of Akron.  The SOuRCe recommends utilizing Enterprise and National for all  rental car/van needs.”
  • Enterprise – 950 E. Market St, Akron, OH 44305 is the closest Enterprise to campus
  • National – 5400 Lauby Rd, North Canton, OH 44720 (Akron-Canton Airport) is the closest National to campus


If you or your student organization
has any questions regarding financial
information, please contact:

Erica Hamner
Student Life Financial Specialist

SOuRCe Hours:


By Virtual Appointment Only Email

Contact Us

Student Union Room 133 - located in the Center for Service & Leadership


Market your Organization!

Marketing Logo