COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SCIENCES
What makes us great
- With state-of-the-art facilities on campus and nationally renowned hospital systems nearby, students in our School of Nursing get excellent clinical experience.
- Our graduates’ pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) is consistently above the national average, and students from our Nurse Anesthetist program had a 97% first-time pass rate on the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) exam in 2020.
- UA students who apply to medical, dental, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary and physician assistant schools consistently enjoy an acceptance rate above the national average. Among Ohio’s public universities and colleges, our graduates have the second-highest (two-year average) acceptance rate into physical therapy programs, which are extremely competitive.
- Our Emergency Management and Homeland Security (EMHS) bachelor's degree program was the first accredited program of its kind in the world. It is also the only accredited EMHS bachelor's program among public universities in Ohio.
- Our bachelor’s degree in food and environmental nutrition is the first and only bachelor's degree program of its kind in Ohio.
- Our online master’s degree in speech-language pathology was ranked No. 5 among the “most affordable online speech-pathology master’s degrees” by Online U (2020) and No. 6 among the “best speech-pathology online master’s programs” by Guide to Online Schools (2020).