COLLEGE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
What makes us great
- 92% of students who earned a bachelor’s degree from the College of Health Professions in spring 2018 were employed or seeking additional education within six months.
- State examination pass rates are consistently above 90% for students in counseling, respiratory therapy technology, nursing, speech-language pathology and audiology, health education, and dietetics.
- The CHP’s Nurse Anesthesia Program is Ohio’s largest, with more than 35 clinical sites throughout the state. Students from the program posted a 100% first-time pass rate on the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) exam in 2018 and 2019, far surpassing the national average pass rate of 82-84% per year; and the program has had a 0% attrition rate over the past four years. In both 2019 and 2020, the Educator of the Year award, given by the Ohio Nurse Anesthetists Student board, went to a professor from UA's program.
- The School of Counseling offers the only marriage and family counseling/therapy master’s program in Ohio accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE).
- UA offers the only bachelor’s degree program in Ohio in food and environmental nutrition, for students interested in working in the food industry as product developers, food safety experts and regulators.