The School of Allied Health offers baccalaureate programs which leads to rewarding and productive careers in respiratory therapy and healthcare administration. Students gain the opportunity to function in a realistic work environment under the supervision of clinical faculty and interprofessional health care workers.
The School of Counseling offers master's programs which lead to licensure and practice in high demand mental health fields. The field is rapidly growing, providing a broad employment opportunity for graduates along with the chance to enhance one's community.
We offer baccalaureate and associate degrees, that are nationally accredited, to provide the education you need in response to a growing demand in the field of emergency service providers.
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
Our baccalaureate and master's programs in sport science, health and wellness education prepare you for cutting-edge professional careers with industry leaders.
In this growing field with a strong career outlook, our baccalaureate programs in dietetics, food and environmental nutrition, teach how to apply science to enhance health.
With baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs the School of Nursing has rigorous entrance requirements and a growing national profile, graduating nurses who transform lives as they deliver patient care with ethics, honesty and compassion.
School of Social Work and Family Sciences
The School of Social Work graduates baccalaureate and master's practitioners who possess the knowledge, values and skills necessary to promote human and social well-being with diverse clientele in various practice settings.
Recognized as a national leader, the School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology provides baccalaureate, master's and doctoral students with evidence-based clinical training to prepare and graduate highly qualified audiologists and speech-language pathologists.
The Akron-Region Interprofessional Area Health Education Center works with university and community partners to provide programming that works to:
Recruit and prepare a diverse, culturally competent primary care workforce; and develop and maintain a health care workforce that is prepared to deliver high quality care, particularly in underserved areas and communities.
The Area Health Education Center program is funded through the HRSA Bureau of Health Workforce. Additional support for ARI-AHEC comes from The University of Akron College of Health and Human Sciences and the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Learn about the college
► School of Nursing
- RN To BSN Program Faculty Celebrate 2020 Graduating Class
► College of Health and Human Sciences
- Faculty team receives grant to help improve addiction treatment training Full story.
- College of Health and Human Sciences partners with NEOMED on interprofessional education event. Full story
► School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- Free weekly lunches available to students. Full story.
- Nutrition and Dietetics fundraiser update. Full story.
► Social Work and Family Sciences
- Lakewood MSW student Carolyn Greene dedicates her life to serving others. Full story.
► School of Nursing
- Nursing hope: Anesthesia students go to NYC to care for COVID-19 Patients. Full story.
► School of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- Dr. Kris Sonstrom Malowski, honored by Ohio Academy of Audiology. Full story.
► School of Disaster Science and Emergency Services
- UA Partners with Canton Township Fire Department for Advanced Firefighting Training Full story
- Professor named first non-Canadian member of Canada's Order of Red Cross. Full story.