How to apply for adult students

An adult student is someone who graduated from high school (or home school or GED) more than two (2) years ago and has never attended college.

If you have attended college somewhere else, you should apply as a transfer student.

Step 1Step 1
Submit the Admission Application or the Common App.

Step 2Step 2

The application fee has been waived.

Step 3Step 3
Submit your high school transcripts or GED results.

Admissions and academics information for adult students

For adult students: Information about how to enroll, choose courses and pay for school, plus special campus services just for you! Go to our site for adult students.

I'm also a veteran

We have services just for you. Learn more.

Additional application types

  • You are a high school student, or graduated from high school or earned a GED less than 3 years ago, apply as a new freshman
  • You are taking, or have completed, classes at another college and want to complete your degree at UA. You may have already earned an associates and seek another, or a bachelor's, apply as a transfer student
  • It has been more than 2 years since you graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D., and you have never attended college, apply as an adult