The Gary L. and Karen S. Taylor Institute for Direct Marketing, established in 2004, develops and inspires direct/interactive marketing students to become business leaders through education, research, and service.
Gary and Karen Taylor, UA alumni and leaders in direct marketing, had their generous gift become a brick and mortar reality that has become invaluable to our marketing students. The Taylor Institute is where students
- develop through various hands-on experiential learning opportunities supported by the Institute
- are inspired through connecting and networking with marketing and advertising professionals who actively support and engage in The Taylor’s work. For example, professionals participate on an advisory board, or by offering internships to help get our students career ready.
Other Taylor activities that enhance CoB students’ experiences include engaging in corporate partnerships, thought-leader events, and services to the community.
- Corporate Partnerships. We develop partnerships with local marketing organizations looking to further engage with the Taylor Institute and The University of Akron. Often, these partners find qualified marketing students as they build their teams.
- Thought Leadership. A thought leader in marketing in Northeast Ohio, we host yearly events that highlight national and local marketing executives, including Interaction and Direct Marketer of the Year, as well as a Data-Driven speaker series and other speaker events.
- Community Services and Resources. We offer consulting services and resources to support the local marketing community. The funds raised by these services are put back into the programs and Taylor Institute facility.