College of Education Accreditation
Programs in the College of Education are approved by the Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Department of Higher Education; previously approved by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since its inception in 1954; and now currently nationally recognized by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Other accrediting bodies for College of Education programs can be found in the Specialized Professional Associations (SPA) link, below.
- CAEP Standards
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Ohio Department of Education
- Ohio INTASC Standards
- Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Specialized Professional Associations (SPA)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
The University of Akron is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States, since its founding in 1914.
Reference and Resource Links